Fallout 4 - Fallout 3 Remake Project resumed

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer reports that the Fallout 3 remake project has started again:

Capital Wasteland, the Fallout 3 remake in Fallout 4, has resumed development

Work was halted last year over concerns about audio rights.
Capital Wasteland is a major mod project that aims to recreate Fallout 3 into the new, prettier, but otherwise not as good (that's right, I said it) Fallout 4. But just a couple of weeks after we looked at it in early 2018, the plug was pulled over concerns about the plan to bring Fallout 3 voice acting and other audio into the project. The modders decided that they didn't want to risk "our connections with many members of the amazing dev team that is Bethesda Game Studios" over a potential legal dust-up, and so they decided to hit the brakes--while leaving the door open to a possible resumption of work.
[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Well any John or Jane Doe off the street could probably provide voice acting as good or better than the people Bethesda used.

I don't think it matters though tbh. I don't expect this to ever be fully completed.

Sounds good. There were only a handful of voices that were particularly distinctive anyway. Three Dog will be the most difficult to replace.

Honestly, I preferred the Fallout three interface over what Fallout four had. That could just be a reflection of me absolutely detesting the fourth game, though, so opinions might wildly vary. To this day, I find it hard to believe that I actually completed that game. Uggh.

Fallout 3 had a better dialogue interface, but other than that I thought FO4 was an upgrade in most ways. FO3 didn't even have iron sights aiming.

I'd pay money for a good FO3 remaster.

Just play Tale of Two Wastelands and load it up with relevant texture mods. No fee required.

I actually thought about giving that mod a try, but it doesn't make any sense from a story\lore standpoint, and I'm not big on combining games that large.

Good news but like others have said doubt it will get released/finished.
Just play Tale of Two Wastelands and load it up with relevant texture mods. No fee required.
Wasn't that mod made with the theory the Lone wander was also the courier? If so Project:California was better. As it explains the past of the courier in a better way.

Back
Top Bottom