Highlight Released Games (make em standout)

Tiptoe

Watchdog
Hi folks,

I'd like to make a small request. On the News page, is it possible to distinguish between 'Released' games and 'In-Development' games?

I was thinking of something like different text color for the heading or maybe a star beside the heading. Just something that lets people know that this is an actual, released game, that you can play today.

I read RPGWatch everyday. You are one of the best sites for news about single player games and independent games (that other sites won't cover).

But it seems the News page is mostly full of games that are 'In-Development' and may be years away from ever being playable (if ever).

So it would be great if you could highlight that rare gem of and actual, released game.
Cause it's so easy to overlook or miss them in the sea of In-Development games.

Thanks muchly.

Good idea but the right side of all news-bits on the front-Page already does that.

One example off the front-page for the first two news-bits.

StarCrawlers

SP/MP: Single-player
Setting: Sci-Fi
Genre: Adventure-RPG
Platform: PC
Release: In development

The Technomancer

SP/MP: Single-player
Setting: Sci-Fi
Genre: RPG
Platform: PC
Release: In development

Also if you are using just the forum for news it wont give that information all.

On top of that we also show the 5 recently released games at the right hand side and the 5 that are close to being released (although that list is not necessarily correct).
I'm not in favor of changing the heading in any way, but perhaps a somewhat different color, that still fits the style, for the right hand side box when a game has been released could be made to work.

On top of that we also show the 5 recently released games at the right hand side and the 5 that are close to being released (although that list is not necessarily correct).
I'm not in favor of changing the heading in any way, but perhaps a somewhat different color, that still fits the style, for the right hand side box when a game has been released could be made to work.

Oh cool.

Could the Recently Released table be a link to a long list of all released games per month ?

I think what the OP would like, is a view of all the news that pertains only to games that are actually released and playable, rather than all the tidbits about possible future releases, op-eds, etc. That information is in the system, but I don't see a way to easily view it without going into each game in the released list, and looking up the newsbits linked to each case.

Would it be possible to create a view that would lookup newsbits tagged with games that are marked as released? I think that would be quite useful.

We could extend the filter options we have for news that is available via the 'hamburger' menu, which are the three lines in the 'All News' header near the top.
This is persistent though, so you will need to manually remove it again in order to see all news again.

I like the idea, but not the "hamburger".
Tiptoe basically wants one color for news about games already released and another for rumors/development/announced/alpha/beta. Or if not color, then an icon or something.
Which would work also in long term as we could always see if some news were posted before or after game release while using search.
Not sure what with news about technology or DLC though…

Dunno if doing anything like that with vBulletin entries is possible.

It is for the front page, so has nothing to do with vBulletin.
We have the 'something' option at the moment as in the right hand side boxes for every news posting the release status is shown for games.

We could extend the filter options we have for news that is available via the 'hamburger' menu, which are the three lines in the 'All News' header near the top.
This is persistent though, so you will need to manually remove it again in order to see all news again.

Yes, that's what I was looking at. Just add a filter for released games, in the same way that we can for crowdfunded games, for instance. That should provide what the OP needs, without changing front-page colours and upsetting others.

Back
Top Bottom