The TV Series discussion thread

I agree. If the series is good/entertaining, I don't care if the character deviates in unimportant ways from the comics source, and smoking seems to me unimportant, unless the character shoots laser rays from his cigarettes?

He's a chain smoker, it's part of his 'image'. It would be like harry potter wearing contact lenses to have Constantine be a non-smoker. Also, the lung cancer story-line in the comics is pretty crucial to his existence and provides the reason for the way he is in a lot of respects. So it's a classic case of losing many of the core fans before you've even gained the fickle masses. One of the normal and classic problems of adaptations across all mediums.

He's a chain smoker, it's part of his 'image'. It would be like harry potter wearing contact lenses to have Constantine be a non-smoker. Also, the lung cancer story-line in the comics is pretty crucial to his existence and provides the reason for the way he is in a lot of respects. So it's a classic case of losing many of the core fans before you've even gained the fickle masses. One of the normal and classic problems of adaptations across all mediums.

In that case, specially the part about him having lung cancer, then yes, he should smoke more than prostitute in jail.

I've never seen the movie or know anything about the comics but how can him smoking or not smoking make any difference in the quality of them? It would seem to be a trivial detail to me.

Watch the movie and then you'll understand. Pretty decent flick imo.

Flash is actually a spin-off from ongoing Arrow show.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2193021/

And IMO so far they did a good job with Arrow (two seasons done, the third one is confirmed to be on it's way). At first I thought it'll suck, but the more I watched, the more I wanted to see more. It does have some cheesy parts and barely believable stuff, but who cares, it's a show that doesn't want to be too serious and as such is treating it's audience right. I'd appreciate just a bit more humor, the tone tends to be too dark sometimes.
If you didn't watch Arrow, or just won't, but will go for Flash, don't worry, the character/actor appears in only two episodes with a separate substory arc that ends with only one important scene you'll probably see again in Flash.

I watch the arrow for Thea ;) those bastards with their secret identities and activities... It is pretty good yes

Either I'm just unlucky or I did god some terrible thing I'm not aware of.
Another one.

Why on earth did they cancel "$#*! My Dad Says"?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612578/

I don't think it was the year of political correctness.
Anyway, if you can find this gem on any channel, do watch it. A few subplots are left open, but it really doesn't matter. I hate comedies, I hate sitcoms, and on this one, I couldn't stop laughing like crazy in each and every episode.
There is not a single thing this show didn't make fun of or just spit on.

I'm afraid I'll start not following a show unless it's written in the first episode: it's not cancelled without a proper ending.

Anyway... Any other show similar to this? I want more!

Regarding GoT episode this week:

So Arya is really being becoming more badass than the books. No sense of vulnerability. Not sure if I like the change. I think the portrayl of Oberon is close to spot on though.

Regarding GoT episode this week:

So Arya is really being becoming more badass than the books. No sense of vulnerability. Not sure if I like the change. I think the portrayl of Oberon is close to spot on though.

That's why I recommend everybody to watch the series and then read the books. I find how she's turning into a badass just fine, after all that's happened to her, it's completely understandable for her mind to say 'fuck it', besides she was a little badass from the beginning. I don't care if the book plays her differently, I love the TV Arya, in fact she's my favorite character.

A retired cop and a retired thief join forces.
Why?
One was shot and another arrested during a robbery that happened 12 years ago and now both are trying to find out who the shooter was and who took the money.

Nothing particulary interesting, right?
Wrong.
The show has Corwin written all over it. :D Not only it's about retired but still kicking guys, it's happening in Australia and couldn't be named more proper than this
Old School
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3164100/

Currently airing on ABC1 in Australia, dunno about worldwide, only the pilot episode is out (and it's awsome).
If you live in Australia you may watch it here right now:
http://iview.abc.net.au/

If you live elsewhere, check your options for ABC1, usually IPTV networks do have it listed, and if not you may always try with filmon (you have to pay for ABC1 there, it's not on the list of free channels). Or wait till Netflix grabs it, and trust me, if the show continues in the same tone as in the first episode, it'll sell on many networks including Netflix. No, it's not available on amazon instant video.

Is that first ep. 10/10? Sadly, it's not. Why? None of characters said: Rubbish!!
:D

Shhh. Just finished s1. Looking forward to it

Good, my joy gets easily tainted ;) Movies and tv shows that I would have liked otherwise become a mixed bag when I read some negative comments before watching (and too much people with high expectations on this forums).

Just saw episode 4 of Hannibal, looking good so far. Someone just went down into the cellar, cant wait for the next episode tonight.

Good, my joy gets easily tainted ;) Movies and tv shows that I would have liked otherwise become a mixed bag when I read some negative comments before watching (and too much people with high expectations on this forums).

Just saw episode 4 of Hannibal, looking good so far. Someone just went down into the cellar, cant wait for the next episode tonight.

If you're that fickle, I highly recommend staying away from places where your favorite shows are being discussed - instead of entering with the ludicrously naive notion that all people like what you like.

Just a tip ;)

Also, my response to Hannibal has little to do with high expectations. I learned long ago that limiting your expectations, is the best way to be pleasantly surprised.

I don't have any naive notion, just that I'm easily influenced. I guess I mean high standards (and a little nitpicking) instead of high expectations, couldn't find the right word.
Anyways, it is still going strong for me. I do hope that they do not drag it on too long and that it will have a proper ending.

Is it normal that I get hungry when Hannibal is cooking again ? Hmm, it all looks delicious. :p

Old school looks pretty good. I hope it will be on netflix which I'm planning to take if it has decent offerings (it is finally coming to belgium). For all the globalization happening around us, movies and tv shows are still very much not.

Man you guys need to watch Fargo when you get a chance. Just keeps getting better. I thought I would never say this but the last episode flew by like a Game of Thrones episode. I thought there was at least another half hour to go and the episode was over. No higher praise in my book.

For those of you who brought up anime suggestions to watch I thank you. I finished Death Note and thought it was a great show, cartoon or not, and now I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist. Its not as well written as Death Note so far, but its still very enjoyable. Thanks for suggesting these two shows.

Back
Top Bottom