Pricewatch!

Fallout 4 GOTY edition is £19.99 in the Steam sale. That's the tipping point for me.

Stand-alone Fallout 4 is £9.99.

For those (like me) who made the "smart move" buying only Fallout 4 base game first, now the only option left we have is paying for an overpriced Season Pass. There is another option, of course: not buying it at all, which is the one I'm still resorting to.

The only DLC I'm really really interested in is Far Harbor (which IMHO is overpriced too). The other ones don't add too much content to the game. I tend to view them as "cosmetic DLCs"

For those (like me) who made the "smart move" buying only Fallout 4 base game first, now the only option left we have is paying for an overpriced Season Pass. There is another option, of course: not buying it at all, which is the one I'm still resorting to.
Yeah, given every big game is now routinely followed by 2-3 pieces of DLC which are rarely discounted, it does seem to overly penalise early adopters. Dishonoured 2 is also cheap on Steam, but I'm holding out for a GOTY edition.

Dishonoured 2 is also cheap on Steam, but I'm holding out for a GOTY edition.
Won't happen. The standalone spinoff is not available as DH2's DLC.
What could happen is some ultimate package with all Dishonored products in a bundle.

Reminds me of something I hate about Steam … unlike GoG, you get no credit for stuff you already own. They will charge the full $$ for the bundle even if you already own half, and NOT even give you an extra Steam key for the stuff you already have!

yeah, big ditto there. I bought the orange box once and they didn't give me a key for one of the games because I already had it. Ticked me off - but I have been wary ever since.

on a similar note, I bought bunch of copies of FTL on GOG for friends and family when it was on sale once. Now they've cut me off - they don't let me buy it anymore.

yeah, big ditto there. I bought the orange box once and they didn't give me a key for one of the games because I already had it. Ticked me off - but I have been wary ever since.

on a similar note, I bought bunch of copies of FTL on GOG for friends and family when it was on sale once. Now they've cut me off - they don't let me buy it anymore.
Why would they stop you from buying the game?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Some bundles discount you for what you own, like this one http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4910/Eidos_Anthology/

i suspect is how the publisher sets the bundle to be, to count the items you have or don't. But they don't give you extra copies of what you already own sadly, witch is lame, but then again steam does not have a true competitor.. so they don't have to try to hard.

One the free goodies side of things, https://www.gog.com/connect has added 5 more games
Eador. Masters of the Broken World
Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles
The Solus Project
The Whispered World Special Edition
Zombie Shooter 2

Last edited:
Why would they stop you from buying the game?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm guessing because I got them for $2 or $2.50 each and they "didn't want me buying out the store".

To this day I still can't buy a copy from them anymore.

Some bundles discount you for what you own, like this one http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4910/Eidos_Anthology/

i suspect is how the publisher sets the bundle to be, to count the items you have or don't. But they don't give you extra copies of what you already own sadly, witch is lame, but then again steam does not have a true competitor.. so they don't have to try to hard.

One the free goodies side of things, https://www.gog.com/connect has added 5 more games
Eador. Masters of the Broken World
Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles
The Solus Project
The Whispered World Special Edition
Zombie Shooter 2

The Wolf Among Us also appeared to me as "connectable"

That doesn't sound right. I've noticed on some bundles they do infact reduce the price if you own some of the games. Er publisher bundles.

Reminds me of something I hate about Steam … unlike GoG, you get no credit for stuff you already own. They will charge the full $$ for the bundle even if you already own half, and NOT even give you an extra Steam key for the stuff you already have!

Back
Top Bottom