Stellar Tactics - K7-MR7

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Stellar Tactics - KZ-MR7

Stellar Tactics has outlined the next major feature addition called KZ-MR7.

Long though lost, KZ-MR7, a Halamis research facility, was re-discovered several hundred years ago when Martin Varis crash landed on Achmedius VIII. Rumors and reports describe the facility as an advanced energy research station built on planetary ley-lines.

The facility, run by Professor Garrius Brons, developer of the FTL Drive, was funded through Halamis Corporation by House Shikaru shortly after the "Arrival". Years of secretive research ended when rumors that a powerful energy rift was generated, destroying the facility and everyone in it. Subsequently, the planet was flagged as "Off-Limits", however, illegal mining on the planet continues to this day.

Martin Varis explored the facility for years with a small team of mercenaries, scrapping parts and gathering information. He swore that every time he entered KZ-MR7, the very structure of the facility changed, as though he was stepping into a parallel universe. He told stories of horrible mutations, hellish creatures and squads of elite military personnel infesting the facilities permutations.

Several years later, Martin and his team re-entered KZ-MR7 one last time. They were never heard from again. A rescue party was assembled, however, the mysterious facility could not be found. It was as if KZ-MR7 disappeared off the face of the planet, leaving nothing behind…
[…]

When I release KZ-MR7, you will be able to accept missions from NPC's on the Achmedius Trade Station. These NPCs will send you to the surface of Achmedius VIII to explore the facility. Missions will be randomly generated and the facility will change when a mission is provided. This includes enemy placement, loot, objectives and the global layout of the facility.

A few details related to KZ-MR7 when it's released:

• I'll be fixing any bugs that are found and making sure the system is 100% stable before moving on when the build is released.
  • I will be tuning objectives and loot over time.
  • I will be adding Perk tiers over time.
  • Progression will be limited to a maximum level of 60.
  • I'll be performing a combat tuning pass.
  • I'll be gathering community feedback.
More information.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this yet? It's got a really high rating on Steam despite still being in early access. The feature list looks good too. (Except for missions being randomly generated.)

◾Build a team of space mercenaries and explore a vast open-world universe

◾Classless character progression system with hundreds of perks

◾Engaging narrative based on thousands of years of lore, intrigue and faction warfare

◾Accept dynamically generated missions, follow the main story or explore - the choice is yours

◾Discover ancient civilizations, abandoned stations, cave systems, anomalies and the ruins of hundreds of years of unrelenting warfare

◾Tactical, turn based team combat - take advantage of cover and use your action points wisely to ensure victory

◾"Azimuth", a synergistic combat system, presents new challenges for strategic players

◾Action based space combat utilizes energy management and unique skills and perks

◾40 ships to choose from. Each can be customized and specialized as cargo, mining, exploration or combat vessels

◾Devices allow the player to fit a total of 12 unique effects both beneficial and combat specific across their team members

◾Tons of gear, most of which can be upgraded with Nano-Tech and component parts to customize your team and ship further

◾Trade commodities across the universe, discovering the best trade routes in a dynamic economy

◾Mine for minerals in space and on planets and sell them to the highest bidder

◾Scan systems to reveal new exploration opportunities or sell the data for profit

Has anyone tried this yet? It's got a really high rating on Steam despite still being in early access. The feature list looks good too. (Except for missions being randomly generated.)

I've bought it but not played it yet. The developer is keen on feedback and you can learn a lot about the game by reading the forum there.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/3/

I don't own the game but i have it wishlisted and i follow every news.

I will buy it when it reaches alpha, it is amazing how promising this title is.

Most EA games have very high ratings. Just a lot of silly people "supporting" the devs and rating "potential". Even After Reset, one of the most evident scams around, a $50 tech demo in which a guy walk around a room, got a 63% positive reviews. There is no end to idiocy.

ST could be good, but if you read the comments it is clear that right now it is not worthy your time and money.

Back
Top Bottom