Divinity 2 - Video Interview @ GameTrailers

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Liked the footage I saw. Never played the previous Divinties. Might have to check this one out.

But why oh why did the dude have to give away the plot of the whole story?

But why oh why did the dude have to give away the plot of the whole story?

No idea, but he is the worst narrator ever. Damn, one hell of an annoying voice he has.

Playing now divine divinty (and addon after) again, totally loving it !!
Hope the new game keeps it old roots a bit...

Why did he end this with, "...focusing on the X-Box 360". Please tell me that there is independent, multi-platform development, and this won't be some shitty, last minute PC port.

The game was developed for both the PC and the XBox 360 at the same time. Much is the same but there are differences. The user interface for example is very different from the PC and the XBox. Also monster stats can be different as you fight differently on a PC compared to an XBox 360 controller and that would make the game too easy in some occasasions. Probably there are other differences as well, but they have not been made public yet (or I missed that somewhere).

He didn't. Most of what he said was not new.

I see.

Nevertheless, If this "realization" that the Dragons are not the enemy comes quickly into the game, then this wont be such a big deal. But if you play a long time against them, all the while knowing (due to the "plot twist" being publicized in advance) you are not accomplishing any worthwhile goal other than advancing the story, then this was a very bad marketing idea IMO. I won't enjoy playing a game already knowing my character has been duped into killing things that aren't worth killing.

I belief you learn that relatively early in the game. It is somehow connected to becoming a dragon knight and thus being able to transform into a dragon.

I belief you learn that relatively early in the game. It is somehow connected to becoming a dragon knight and thus being able to transform into a dragon.

That is what I have read in the past as well - don't think it is a spoiler any more than saying you play as a vampire in Bloodlines ;)

The game was developed for both the PC and the XBox 360 at the same time. Much is the same but there are differences. The user interface for example is very different from the PC and the XBox. Also monster stats can be different as you fight differently on a PC compared to an XBox 360 controller and that would make the game too easy in some occasasions. Probably there are other differences as well, but they have not been made public yet (or I missed that somewhere).

Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom