Borderlands 2 - More DLC and New IP

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PC Gamer has word from the Nerdist Podcast where Gearbox Software President Randy Pitchford mentions they are building a new original IP for the next generation. He also announces that there will be more Borderlands 2 DLC.

"Everyone has this expectation that those would be the four DLCs and then that’s it," Pitchford said. "We’re going to do more. We’re going to do some other things. We don’t have details yet about it exactly."

"We’ve got more stuff in the hopper that we’re planning and that we’re getting pretty excited about. So if you are a Borderlands fan, you don’t have to be afraid that that’s the end of it."
More information.

"Everyone has this expectation that those would be the four DLCs and then that’s it," Pitchford said.

Yes, because sometimes you have to stop milking the cow and do something better.

"We’re going to do more. We’re going to do some other things. We don’t have details yet about it exactly."

"More profit, more bonuses. I don't know the details, let the people who do the work figure them out."

"We’ve got more stuff in the hopper that we’re planning and that we’re getting pretty excited about. So if you are a Borderlands fan, you don’t have to be afraid that that’s the end of it."

This is so reassuring!

I don't see it as milking it at all, fans of the game like myself are more than happy to pay for decent additions like most of the DLC's they've put out so far.
I see it as adding to a great game and prolonging it's life, as opposed to the "make game, move directly on to making sequel" like a lot of developers do.

Borderlands 3 and a few other games are already in development, they're a big studio. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this news, it's not like making more DLC is going to detract from their other projects.

Back
Top Bottom