From Software - Working on Two Unannounced Titles

I think the 3rd one has the best combat but is probably the least creative. It lacks the secrets and mystery the earlier games had. Add back in secrets like the painted world, dark anor London, secret walls, parasite head, etc. and maybe improve the npc quest lines.

I enjoyed DS3 but everything you wrote is true.

Whilst I disagree on the topic of Dark Souls 3 having the best combat from the series, I do agree with it having a lack of fundamental mystery about it. It might be the most polished combat system but it's definitely faster and less plodding than the original game for me; with less emphasis on that slow atmospheric and tense exploration which I enjoyed so much. I also had more fun generally with the combat from the second game, especially the DLC which were more in line experience wise with the first game.

Part of my issue with the third game probably comes with tiring of the formula somewhat as it simply didn't inspire me to write reports of my experiences as the first two did.

That said, I finally purchased The Ringed City during the Steam sale and so can look forward to finishing the trilogy properly! I'm really falling behind with my towering backlog though.

Good to see FromSoft still at it, curious to see what direction they'll head in next.

It took quite a while for us to get a new Bard's Tale game (and there is a serious argument over whether the new one qualifies at all), so I'm quite hopeful that a new Kings' Field isn't inconceivable.

Well, Fargo was going to retire and Microsoft bought InXile, so it's unlikely that future iterations of BT will interest most of us. I'm just grateful for the remakes.

I've haven't played twitch games since my teenage years, so won't care about the games that FS is making. Fallout is about as twitchy as I get.

Back
Top Bottom