Conan Exiles - Review @ Gamezone

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamezone has reviewed Conan Exiles:

Review: Conan Exiles has great depth but lacks in areas that count the most

We live in a brutal world but we have rules that keep a general sense of order in our society. Imagine if you threw those rules and that order out the window, created a world where it’s literally survival of the fittest and savages were the ones who came out on top. That’s the world of Conan Exiles.

You’re a criminal, crucified and stuck out in the desert to die a slow and painful death to pay for your evil deeds. As your final moments begin to twinkle in your eye, the mighty Conan comes and cuts you down and then leaves you all alone out in the desert to survive whatever hell awaits you.

Conan Exiles takes a page from survival games like ARK and Minecraft but puts a far more brutal twist on the genre with terrifying abominations that will rip you apart, NPC and players thirsty for blood, and barbaric actions like enslaving people to do your bidding. This is a fairly grim game in its basic premise but its one that makes a fair attempt to keep you locked in its world.

[...]

Hardcore fans of the survival genre may find it really fun to try and build a small empire in the exiled lands of the Conan universe but newcomers may find that it is uneven and janky. This is fairly expected amongst these games now but the complexity of building your character and fortresses/settlements may be daunting for people who aren't looking to grind for hours on end, especially with a combat system that lacks. Those that appreciate a world rich with lore will definitely find lots to love here but that's one of the few things keeping Conan Exiles from being a tedious bore.

Score: 6/10
More information.

complexity of building your character and fortresses/settlements may be daunting for people

Aka
Help they are making me read and I can't have all the loot on day three. Unfair grind.

Ugh.

But grinding is all that you do in CE wisdom. There is really nothing else.

The game sounds interesting, but is the combat really as badly implemented as I hear? I'd probably be most interested in the offline single-player mode.

I had fun exploring and getting my guy to lvl 60. There is a lot of bugs still and the world looks good and Conan like but they still need to add more mobs to the higher lvl areas.

The combat is decent but the mobs you fight can be buggy at times and people exploit this to make it a lot easier. After I hit lvl 60 I have lost my desire to play. I got a good 100 hours so it was worth it and the base building was fun and so was the crafting.

I had fun exploring and getting my guy to lvl 60. There is a lot of bugs still and the world looks good and Conan like but they still need to add more mobs to the higher lvl areas.

The combat is decent but the mobs you fight can be buggy at times and people exploit this to make it a lot easier. After I hit lvl 60 I have lost my desire to play. I got a good 100 hours so it was worth it and the base building was fun and so was the crafting.

Thanks.

I'd be more interested in the private server aspect of it. Can you create your own areas to play with friends?

You can create your own servers to just play with your friends. There is mods not sure if you can create new lands, don't think so.

Aka
Help they are making me read and I can't have all the loot on day three. Unfair grind.

Ugh.

Character system is complex for players who play solo as they must bear a burden of grinding all by themselves..

Construction is complex because it is buggy and players must work their way around bugs.

Nothing to do with reading.

Back
Top Bottom