Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Okay, build question. Should I make
Nok-Nok
a Duelist or keep him a Knife Master? Duelist sounds good, for rogues who are afraid to battle on front lines because of lack of heavy armor, they can deftly avoid attacks and precisely attack enemy vulnerabilities. That means, though, that I have to take the Combat Mobility feat this level and make him a Duelist next level. I'm level 10 now, and instead of Combat Mobility I could take the very nice advanced Rogue talent of Opportunist, which lets me make attacks of opportunity on any enemy who attacks a companion I'm standing next to, which seems very nice. Hmm. Duelist would probably make him super good as he dies a bit easily now even with advanced gear. Decisions…what would you guys do?

I was thinking of duelist, too. My rogue is stabby but also squishy, as rogues typically are.

Also, does anyone know how to get with Octavia? I'm getting the vibe that she and Regongar are poly, so it shouldn't be a problem, but what if I'm yandere and monogamous and kinda serious...?

Also, does anyone know how to get with Octavia? I'm getting the vibe that she and Regongar are poly, so it shouldn't be a problem, but what if I'm yandere and monogamous and kinda serious…?

You should be able to go monogamous with her, according to dev on Steam: "just keep pursuing her and not him".

From what I've read a lot of romance dialogue happens post rest after certain main quests (for example Troll Trouble has a post-quest Octavia scene that is romance related). Basically, if you want to romance someone you need to keep them in the party and sleep on content map (and not world map).

You should be able to go monogamous with her, according to dev on Steam: "just keep pursuing her and not him".

From what I've read a lot of romance dialogue happens post rest after certain main quests (for example Troll Trouble has a post-quest Octavia scene that is romance related). Basically, if you want to romance someone you need to keep them in the party and sleep on content map (and not world map).

Ah, excellent. Thank you!

I accidentally said something flirty to him, but only once. I hope it doesn't mess up my attempt. :(

Yep, I am. I wasted 2 hours there last night then realised I need to reload to get more rations and prepare different spells to get through this :( I need to rethink strategy for this area before attempting it again.

I beat it! What a crawl. I had to get just a slight hint of help from a walkthrough about what to do in one area, but otherwise I just hung in there. Didn't even need the rations really, one area allows you to hunt. Still, 25k for a bag of holding so might as well start picking up all those 50g chainshirts I've been leaving behind. :D

Hey, how do you turn a village into a town? I can't seem to figure it out. I've built 10/10 buildings in a settlement but still don't get the option to upgrade. Is it a scripted or timed event thing?

Depends on bag then. The one I brought at Olegs is only for 100.

Ah, I bought from Hassuf in the capital.

Question, my barony is crumbling. I've already had several game overs that I had to savescum to get past. How do I stop it from happening? I'm trying to build stability but it doesn't seem to get past the crumbling stage, and all my advisors are taking -4 to their skill checks. Any ideas? I hope I'm not in a failstate here.

Ah, I bought from Hassuf in the capital.

Question, my barony is crumbling. I've already had several game overs that I had to savescum to get past. How do I stop it from happening? I'm trying to build stability but it doesn't seem to get past the crumbling stage, and all my advisors are taking -4 to their skill checks. Any ideas? I hope I'm not in a failstate here.

If you reached crumbling you are pretty much in "near game over" mode, it's the last stage before Kingdom death. See this thread, it has some tips.

I'm personally wondering if it wouldn't be better to play Kingdom stuff on easy...

Anyone got a clue why bracers of archery do not seem to affect the ranger Ekundayo, while he is carrying a bow? Are there ranger class or feat competence bonuses that make it redundant?

And regarding Kingdom management: I have this set to easy. Most of it is very random, and does not really feel … uh, involved? I like the major kingdom decisions to make, and the related quests, but that's it. The "micromanagement" of events, cities, etc. does not really entice me much.

Hey, how do you turn a village into a town? I can't seem to figure it out. I've built 10/10 buildings in a settlement but still don't get the option to upgrade. Is it a scripted or timed event thing?

Do you have more than one village in an area? I think I built 3 villages in the Outskirts and my numbers are fine atm. There are these little brown signs you can click on all over the map to start new villages.

If you reached crumbling you are pretty much in "near game over" mode, it's the last stage before Kingdom death. See this thread, it has some tips.

I'm personally wondering if it wouldn't be better to play Kingdom stuff on easy…

Thanks for the tip, azarhal. My kingdom seems to be ticking alright, it's serene with a couple of buffs. I think I will keep it as it is for now.

If anyone has issue finding the Armag's Tomb, here is a dev post about it (chapter 4 main quest).

Ah, so it was misunderstanding rather than a bug :) good to hear!!

I beat it! What a crawl. I had to get just a slight hint of help from a walkthrough about what to do in one area, but otherwise I just hung in there. Didn't even need the rations really, one area allows you to hunt. Still, 25k for a bag of holding so might as well start picking up all those 50g chainshirts I've been leaving behind. :D

Well done!! I might ask you for a tip if my attempt fails again this weekend :)

I'm personally wondering if it wouldn't be better to play Kingdom stuff on easy…

So, I auctioned off almost every non-essential magical item I had, threw a feast for the afflicted and now they're only rioting! :D So it's not crumbling now. Still worried, though, and I did turn the kingdom stuff to Easy. It snuck up on me with The Bloom quest. Every moment wasted was destroying my kingdom and I couldn't keep up. On Easy the problems seem to happen less.

Hotfix 1.0.6 added an "invincible Kingdom" option, it can still be destroyed by not doing quest fast enough, but won't be destoyed because you can't get out of "crumbling" fast enough anymore.

Do you have more than one village in an area? I think I built 3 villages in the Outskirts and my numbers are fine atm. There are these little brown signs you can click on all over the map to start new villages.

Not sure how you did that. Do you have to click Region and then click the Outskirts? It said in the Narlmarches I had the maximum number of available settlements...

Suggested starting class and race anyone?

I went with an Aasimar Archaeologist. His halo lights up the dungeons, so that's a plus. Otherwise I made him pretty useless in combat, so gave him a level of Alchemist so he can throw bombs. His support magic is useful, though.

Maybe a Paladin, since there aren't any recruitable ones in the game? An Aasimar Paladin would be cool, and the halo would be more useful to resist blindness and dazzling. Plus the energy resistances and Paladin saving throws. A Rogue Knife Master is also wicked at higher levels, but you might want to consider multi-classing to a Duelist later if you find the rogue is too squishy and dies a lot. Sorcerers have a lot of bloodlines and cool stuff to choose from. Dunno, just have fun and find something that feels good from a roleplaying perspective and don't worry about min/maxing. Good luck! :)

Fighters are always a good, reliable choice for survivability, too. You can always multiclass out and try on different things. :)

I think it's better off starting off with strength based melee class, then multiclass into something else later if you wish. It really helps with encumbrance in early chapter.

I'm playing fighter/mage/eldritch knight. Started off as a fighter for better BAB and AC. Enjoying it heaps.

I'm past the bloom, phew, what a ride :D Very, very happy. I'm going to spend some more time looking after my kingdom now before adventuring again.

I think the bloom storyline ties nicely in with why kingdom management is very important in this game :p

Back
Top Bottom