Thronebreaker - Gameplay Video

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Check out this 37 minutes Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales gameplay video. Thronebreaker is a single player card RPG:

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales | 37-minute Gameplay Walkthrough

Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms — Lyria and Rivia.
Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.
More information.

I love the look of this game and I'm about to go full consumer and preorder.

Last edited:
Wasn't initially interested in this, but looks pretty damn interesting

tenor.gif

Love the art here. This could be 2018 rpg GOTY, not kidding here.

( They should remake Witcher 1 like this and make use of those sex cards)

This one came out of left field for me... didn't even know about it until last week. I agree the look of the game is great and gameplay looks solid. I rarely make day one purchases but I just might for this.

Not gonna pre-order, but I will definitely have to get this. I liked Gwent in the Witcher III and love card-mechanics in general. Gwent is rather new mechanics-wise and I'm sure I will have a lot of fun finding synergies.
Since Kingmaker is in need of some more patching I will likely play Thronebreaker next month.

Might buy this but one thing to remember is this is still a gwent card game. They just added an overland map with a story, but the battles are still card-based.

Might buy this but one thing to remember is this is still a gwent card game. They just added an overland map with a story, but the battles are still card-based.

my Feelings as well, except for the might buy part. This is a hard pass for me. They do a decent job trying to make combat look more interesting with animations but it’s still just card battles.

I wasn't interested in it as a side attraction is TW3 and I’m definitely not interested in a full game of it. For people that are in to card battle games though, it looks like a solid effort.

Maybe they will will have real combat as the side attraction in this game ?

my Feelings as well, except for the might buy part. This is a hard pass for me. They do a decent job trying to make combat look more interesting with animations but it’s still just card battles.

I wasn't interested in it as a side attraction is TW3 and I’m definitely not interested in a full game of it. For people that are in to card battle games though, it looks like a solid effort.

Yeah, card combat is not my cup of tea, but a lot of people seem to be into it. Hope this makes them a few quid to spend on Cyberpunk!

Back
Top Bottom