The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Still worth a listen to ten years later.:cries:

Coldplay - Fix You

Coldplay - Fix You ...

Now, Coldplay is another band whose music I don't like (too soft and perhaps too … melodic(?)). But that's a personal thing. I don't doubt the qualtiy of their music.

While I have you here, here's another example. I do listen to classical music, but I prefer music from the late 19th and the 20th/21st century. Mozart is boring (but obviously very talented). Beethoven? I like some of his stuff. But give me Stravinsky, Orff, Janacek, Bartok and Holst and I'm in that part of musical heaven.

Here's "180 Beats per Minute" by Jorg Widmann (music starts at 5:20)

pibbur who is glad that he doesn't like olives because they taste awful.

Last edited:
Especially for the carnifex: Music to scare your neighbours by:

This:

This:

And of course:

If you choose the UmmaGumma version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Q6qdR0Fvg), you might want to select 03:00 to 03:30, on repeat.

pibbur who ATM hasn't decided who he wants to scare, but who did play a King Crimson tune from that album once for his nursing school students.

PS. For King Crimson the 21st century tune (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM_G0IRLEx4) may be an alternative (or an addition). DS.

PPS. A runner up, in a sightly different genre, but apparently very powerful: Gloomy Sunday (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55FP1LfkkVQ). On Youtube there's also a 1 hour long piano version. (I consider the stories around the song urban legends) DS

Last edited:

Not bad, Ripper, not bad at all.

Another few swings for Sammy-

Ashcroft is reportedly a raging jackwagon, but he makes some good music-

The Best of Megadeath went with me out to the porch today, to enjoy a fine Sunday afternoon. I'd say this album needs at least another hour of music, yet as it is, it's still pretty damn good.

Not bad, Ripper, not bad at all.

Sometimes I like to include a little metal, as I sense that many Watchers struggle with my low-T hipster music.

Again, some angst for the late eighties and nineties struck me today, so I took some Ed's Redeeming Qualities out to the porch this afternoon. Ed's Kitchen, Ed's Day, and More Bad Days are all fine albums!

And if you've not heard of this band, and like folksy-type music, feel free to give them a whirl. What they most remind me of is a group of friends sitting around a house having a great time, just working their music.

Well hell... I'll straddle the topic, I guess.

I've succumbed to the Beatles Mania. Bought myself "Anthology i" last Thursday.
The more I listen to them - later years prferred, of course - the more I like them.

Coldplay - Fix You

You should listen to the live version of the "Left Right" live album. The whole version is like the end of that video. It's one of the very very very very few songs / versions ever that always drives me to tears, but it's a very personal story for me, too.

Yeah, I like the old-school guitar work - kind of reminds me of the Allman Brothers.

Back
Top Bottom