RPGWatch - Graywalkers Updated Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I had the chance to ask more questions of Russell Tomas about his relaunched Kickstarter game. Thanks to all the members who submitted questions.

Couchpotato: Thank you for once again agreeing to talk with our site, and answer a few questions again. I know the relaunch was delayed multiple times so what has changed in the last few months since we we last talked?

Russell Tomas: We should be the one thanking you that you have chosen to interview us again. We truly appreciate it. And yes, the relaunch got delayed multiple times. The reasons for this were many but the bottom line is we weren’t ready yet. Also, the company was in a state of flux the past few months. It’s only after we stabilized in terms of where we stood did we decide it was time to move forward with the relaunch. We felt it better to delay the relaunch than launching and not being able to deliver. With the way we are setup now, we’re pretty confident we can make the game.
More information.

Thanks for the interview. :)
I'm quit happy with the answers and really want this game to be made. Hope the campaign will be successfull and/or they suceed in getting alternative funding.

Good interview - thank you Couch & Russel Tomas.
They want to implement a lot of cool gameplay elements in this game - I hope $40000 is enough. Very detailed info, here!

Good Luck for the campaign!

I'm looking forward to this one...didn't do much of the demo though...

I really don´t like the homm style of combat where you can´t move your whole squad. Throwing fireballs does more harm than good if you can´t move your own melees out of the way.

I really don´t like the homm style of combat where you can´t move your whole squad. Throwing fireballs does more harm than good if you can´t move your own melees out of the way.

Isn't it phased movement....like most rpgs like wasteland 2 and divine divinity original sin?

It's going to be a close race...

Fingers crossed as I want the game to succeed this time.:fingerscrossed:

The good news is the developer will still make the game if it does fail again. I'm not saying it will, but it's nice to see them so determined to finish the game.

Well we haven't had much news on this game but this was from last month.:)

Graywalkers: Purgatory - The New Frontier coming in November 2021
Greetings Graywalkers! I know it's been a while since you've heard from us and we apologize for that. However, we do bring news of great import to all of you. We've toiled the past months and we've rebuilt parts of the game to ensure that we will soon be bringing you closer to the game that we promised.

In November 2021, we will finally Graywalkers Purgatory: The New Frontier. We've felt that the game update will change everything, and in a good way. It's like you will be getting a new game from what you've been playing before.

Aside from fixing many of the problems that have plagued the game in the past, we are finally bringing you the features that will truly make this game a worthy RPG. You can expect the following in the coming update.

• Experience A Single Player Campaign through the first Region of Purgatory. (out of 4)
  • Create your own Avatar character. Customize your character's Race, Class, Abilities and more
  • Go on at least 50+ Missions within REgionscape 1 alone (Expect over 200+ Missions total)
  • Find over 1000+ pieces of items and gear such as weapons, armor, accessories, ammo, consumables, and salvageable items.
  • Find unique pieces of powerful equipment hidden all over the land to give your heroes the edge they need in the battle for humanity
  • Talk to dozens of NPCs all across Regionscape 1 of Purgatory
  • Encounter many monsters and enemies of varying types both as organized missions or as random encounters.
  • Earn Experience to level up all your characters and choose how you want to improve them.
  • Trade what you find all over the region and get yourself the Barter units and improved gear you need

Nice to see an update as this game had sounded very interesting and had completely forgotten about it!

Oh yeah, I got that update and totally meant to post it, I blame it on being ancient and stuff. They do take some long breaks between updates. The prior update I had was four months ago in May, so I guess that's really not too long, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom