Urban Strife - Being Published by MicroProse

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The devs of Urban Strife have announced that MicroProse is their publisher.
Urban Strife has joined the MicroProse family!
We have been biting our lips for a month or so but today we can finally reveal the details about the publishing deal we have signed: Urban Strife is now part of the MicroProse family!

This is a huge step for us, putting development on a solid path and we wanted to announcement to be done properly. Including a preview article by PC Gamer here (and a new trailer as bonus inside):

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/urban-strife-sounds-like-jagged-alliance-2-but-its-infested-with-zombies

More information.

Wait... Microprose?

I didn't even know Microprose still existed…

Anyway, a game I'll probably buy :)

Not really the same publisher/developer. The original MicroProse closed gown in 2003 this is a new owner. One of the developers of Bohemia Interactive bought the name.
In 2019, the MicroProse brand (then owned by Cybergun) was purchased and revived by David Lagettie, one of the makers of TitanIM open world military simulation software. Lagettie was a former developer for Bohemia Interactive at their Australian studios before starting his own company to create video game simulations to be used by military groups.

Lagettie had been a fan of the original MicroProse games growing up, and as he saw the games transition ownership and eventually disappear, he started investigating the fate of Microprose around 2005. When possible, he began buying whatever IP from Microprose he could, including the name and original logo trademarks, allowing him to establish the new Microprose as a games publisher by 2019
Masters of Magic is supposedly getting a remake also.

Last edited:
Man, I used to love microprose

Anything that looks like Jagged Alliance 2 (but isn't one of the ten million official sequel games) has my interest.

Great to see a trailer with minimal cinematics and featuring plenty of gameplay. Lovely seeing the return of MicroProse, I hope this game goes well for them and they can continue to support these types of games.

Masters of Magic is supposedly getting a remake also.

Whaaaatt??
I loved / love that game (still play on occasion lol). And I seem to fall for all the crappy lookalikes that come out. Still hoping worlds of magic / planar conquest will open its source for modding to fix it (hoping in vain). AoW3 was the best successor IMO! See what happens I guess!

Whaaaatt??
I loved / love that game (still play on occasion lol). And I seem to fall for all the crappy lookalikes that come out. Still hoping worlds of magic / planar conquest will open its source for modding to fix it (hoping in vain). AoW3 was the best successor IMO! See what happens I guess!
It was stealthy announced last year/teased in development.

Link- https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/08/05/slitherine-hint-at-making-a-new-master-of-magic/

Slitherine Software is the developer. They also released new DLC for the classic version.

Link -https://www.slitherine.com/game/master-of-magic-caster-of-magic/pc
After 25 years Master of Magic gets a DLC! Explore new strategies and experience Master of Magic at its best with Caster of Magic, a new DLC that adds dozens of options and tons of content to the base game.

Nice!! Thanks Couch!
Yes I already play casters of magic! Great addition!
Funny that such an old game is still very playable and enjoyable nowdays!
I would love to get on board with developing something like that.

Well, the quality of the alpha demo level was already in a better quality than Dead State is right now. :p

And the combat actually works and is probably closest to Jagged Alliance 2 we have ever seen so far.

The mere mention of Microprose gets me fired up.

Back
Top Bottom