General News - Rumor: New Bethesda RPG

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Farflame spotted this rumor at Gamepressure:

Rumor states that Bethesda is to announce Starfield, a sci-fi RPG set in the Fallout universe, at E3 2017

A person who claims to be a Bethesda employee claims that the studio's next big project is Starfield, a sci-fi RPG set in the Fallout universe. The game is reportedly going to be announced at E3 2017.

We know for a fact that Bethesda Softworks wants to show off a couple of new games at this year’s E3. The most recent rumors, however, name specific titles of these projects. According to an alleged Bethesda employee, who has become a source of an interesting leak on 4chan, one of them is the previously announced virtual reality version of Fallout 4. The other—and note that this is nothing more than a rumor—a sci-fi open world RPG named Starfield. The game is to feature space travels, hub worlds, and multiple randomly generated planets. It is said to bear similarities to sandbox games, like Minecraft, but with gameplay characteristic of Bethesda’s works.

[...]
More information.

This same rumor also says that Elder Scrolls will now be part of the "Fallout universe":
Basically Fallout is the beginning of the timeline, Starfield is the middle, and Elder Scrolls is Far Future.

Then again, it's just a random anonymous 4chan post, so the chances of any of this being true are rather close to zero.

That would be one of the worst ideas in the history of gaming. It's the kind of thing I'd expect to be announced on April 1st. :)

Basically Fallout is the beginning of the timeline, Starfield is the middle, and Elder Scrolls is Far Future.

That's one of the dumbest ideas in gaming I've ever heard. ( Then again, it's Bethesda so I'm not ruling it out :p)

Trademark owned by Zenimax

Word Mark STARFIELD
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Mobile application software, namely, electronic game programs; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices; computer game software for use with on-line interactive games; video games for mobile devices, electronic game programs; downloadable electronic game programs; electronic game software; computer game programs; downloadable computer game programs; interactive game programs; interactive game software; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing online interactive computer and video games; entertainment services, namely, providing information relating to computer and video games via the Internet; multimedia entertainment software publishing services; publishing interactive computer and video game software; entertainment services, namely, providing a website containing personal profiles of computer and video game software users, gaming player performance and statistics; entertainment services, namely, providing temporary use of non-downloadable computer and video games; entertainment services, namely, providing a web site through which people locate information about tournaments, events, and competitions in the video and computer game field; entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer and video games to subscribers and members

Last edited:
There is nothing worse than randomly generated crap in computer games...too lazy to do it by hand, I'm guessing. Unless we are talking about small details like terrain and the like, barrels, grass and rocks, etc. everything else should be hand designed, lovingly, with incredible detail, in a crpg. If I see the phrase "randomly generated" in a game, listed as a feature, that is my cue to move on to more interesting games to consider.

This same rumor also says that Elder Scrolls will now be part of the "Fallout universe":

Then again, it's just a random anonymous 4chan post, so the chances of any of this being true are rather close to zero.

Note that IP merging such as that happened before i.e. Heroes of the Storm

Last edited by a moderator:
It has the odor of an MMO, even though they don't say it. Guess I'll wait and see. I'm with Arkadia7 on the whole randomly generated worlds/settings/whatever tripe.

Bringing the franchises together is definitely something that sounds weird but ever since this interview at E3 last year, I have been wondering what Todd meant when he said "... and that'll make sense many years from now".
That part made me very curious back then about what he meant and it always sounded to me like they are working on some sort of grand plan in the background for the future of TES.

Well, now with this rumor here, I think this might actually be it. It could really be true. Maybe they are indeed merging FO and TES. O_O

That would be one of the worst ideas in the history of gaming.
That's one of the dumbest ideas in gaming I've ever heard.

It's dumb for us but actually it could turn out highly profitable. Every Skyrim or Fallout 4 fan will jump on the bandwagon, and some ESO players, plus Bethesda bought several IPs which add up to a HUGE consumer base. Add con$ole$ and wowza! If you doubt the efficiency of this, simply take a glance at the impassioned roar of the fanboy in post #2 , Todd's black magic is already working. :D

Wake me when Bethesda starts talking about recapturing the essence of Fallout 2. :p
You can stay asleep. Bethesda is only worried about capturing the essence of console gamers' wallets.

…even if they publicly stated wanting to recapture the essence of Fallout 2 it would probably turn out exactly the opposite. :D

It doesn't matter what they say, it's easy to see through their BS. Indies are where it's at.

A shared universe for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout is a terrible idea. I don't see that it adds anything of value to either.

I was interested to see the rumour that they're developing a Game of Thrones game. If that's an open world style game it could be interesting.

To me, it soundls like a "Mass Effect in the 1950s". Bleh. Meh. As if we needed this :(

Also: from the article, "The same leak holds it that Bethesda is also working on a Game of Thrones game…" Jesus, no! Please, no! Game of Thrones deserves a great game, and such game won't come out from Bethesda :(

It's a shame the best Game of Thrones game around it's only a mod.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom