The TV Series discussion thread

I love both versions of BSG. I was even ok with the ending, as they were pretty much headed there for the past three series, it didn't really come as a surprise. And yeah there were serious hints to it all along, even during my re-watch it's great.

I loved the original BSG series as a kid. I was surprised as an adult to learn how few episodes there were. It felt like more!
My feeling exactly! I just looked it up and found there were only 21 episodes.
They were translated and broadcasted one day a week around noon for some reason, so if I came back home to have lunch I could watch it … almost entirely, before running back to school.

Those special effects must definitely be outdated.

ash vs evil dead

Rewatched it as i was in the mood for some good laughing; pretty good overall, too bad it was cancelled in the end. Has some truly fantastic episodes and a great ton of songs from oldies to remixes

for example this at the prom massacre :cool:

I liked the Ash show, any production that brings back Lee Majors gets a huge /thumbs up from me. And on top of that, it was a fun show, a bit slap-stick at times but worth watching, for sure.

ash vs evil dead

Loved it in the beginning, and I'm a fan of Bruce Campbell, but I thought it got kind of repetitive fairly quickly. I wasn't surprised when it was cancelled.

Speaking of Campbell, I just watched Bubba Ho-Tep the other night. That's a must-see for any fan of his style.

Speaking of Campbell, I just watched Bubba Ho-Tep the other night. That's a must-see for any fan of his style.

That's a great late-night movie.

2 shows I've watched recently that I really like:

1) Alice in Borderland, Netflix: Japanese alt reality/survival. Truly excellent. Live-action, but based on an anime story. I really can't stand anime and this show is awesome and I can't wait for season 2.

2) The Boys, Amazon Prime: I'm really not a superhero genre fan, but I looove this. Absolutely the best villain in any superhero story I've seen. Very dark humor.

1) Alice in Borderland, Netflix: Japanese alt reality/survival. Truly excellent. Live-action, but based on an anime story. I really can't stand anime and this show is awesome and I can't wait for season 2.
Thanks. I was wondering if I should watch this one my indoor training bike. Now I will.

an incarnation of pibbur who of course will blame the chaotic therory if he doesn't like it.

I have watched both series of the Boys, and it's ok. I think the show deviated from the comics too much, and the main characters (the lads) seem to be afterthoughts, for the most part. And their body count of super-folks to date is rather shockingly low, compared to how prolific they were in the comics. I'll be watching the third series just to see if it improves.

And if we are going to talk about excellent television, let me wish everyone a sincere and happy Twin Peaks day! A day I've made a point of celebrating ever since 1992!

Loved Cooper's demonstration of the Tibetan method for deduction :D

Dale Cooper was a great character. He's a big part of what made those first two seasons of Twin Peaks so good. Changing his character for the majority of season 3 was a huge mistake imo and one of the reasons I didn't like it nearly as much as the originals.

Dale Cooper was a great character. He's a big part of what made those first two seasons of Twin Peaks so good. Changing his character for the majority of season 3 was a huge mistake imo and one of the reasons I didn't like it nearly as much as the originals.
I never watched the new series. But I see the original actor, Kyle MacLachlan, is still in the list as Dale Cooper, is he actually playing a significant role?

I never watched the new series. But I see the original actor, Kyle MacLachlan, is still in the list as Dale Cooper, is he actually playing a significant role?

MacLachlan actually plays multiple roles in season 3. It's hard to explain without spoilers, but suffice to say I wasn't a fan of how Lynch utilized him. He only plays Dale Cooper as we knew him in 3 out of the 18 episodes.

MacLachlan actually plays multiple roles in season 3. It's hard to explain without spoilers, but suffice to say I wasn't a fan of how Lynch utilized him. He only plays Dale Cooper as we knew him in 3 out of the 18 episodes.

I agree that I kinda felt annoyed at the carrot Lynch was dangling in front of us, with not having Cooper the way we knew him for most of it, but after a couple of episodes I let go of that expectation, seeing that he's gonna play the troll game. :D

I loved season 3, even if Cooper wasn't as I remembered him. The whole series had so much weird stuff that I could not be anything but be entertained and intrigued. And as was expected, I don't really understand a significant chunk of what happened.

There's been some hints that maybe he would be doing another season? Or something different in the twin peaks universe? His company has been popping up in various news articles. I hope he gets the support to do more in the twin peaks universe. He's also not that young anymore.

Felt nostalgic, and started watching the original Scooby Doo series (from around the 60' if iirc). I hadn't seen them since I was a child, and was never really a big fan of the character. But the rest of the characters are somewhat fun to watch. And all-together they're a lot more fun, seeing the dynamics of the group. But what I did always like was the art style. It managed to really portray spooky places and locations.

So I'm kinda watching one episode per night, before I fall asleep. It's always interesting watching something you only watched as a child. It's a nice nostalgia feeling.

The mysteries themselves are always kind of simplistic. But it's funny getting an exposition dump right at the end with things that apparently the characters knew, but never shared until the end. Sometimes the conclusion are a bit far-fetched, but it's fun.

Back
Top Bottom