Mount & Blade II - Gamescom Trailer

Still gettin this, though. There really isn't anything quite like it on market. Open, free roam and sandbox are thrown everywhere these days, but nothing like this game implements it ( with mechanics).
Surprised no one tried to copy it so far ( as I know).

I don't really care about the engine changes, I'd be perfectly happy with the same engine with up-to-date graphics. I'm more interested in the out-of-combat features that were very lacking in the original game. Things like property management (castles, forts, towns, stores), recruitment, training, etc.

I like the look of the graphics. Not bleeding edge, obviously, but they look good enough to be atmospheric and immersive.

Combat still looks a bit like swatting at shop dummies, but I didn't really expect that to change much.

The best improvement seems to be that the game is more moddable. The first game was very popular partly due to the great mods but it was still quite difficult to mod. Now you will be able to combine mods together and there will be mod tools. Of course if the game releases in 2019 we won't be seeing quality mods until 2000 in best case scenario.

To have quality mods released 19 years before the game is even out is pretty damn impressive. Has it been in production THAT long? (Sorry, I had to).

Last edited:
To have quality mods released 19 years before the game is even out is pretty damn impressive. Has it been in production THAT long? (Sorry, I had to).

The creators of the mods are very dedicated!

Back
Top Bottom