Arx Fatalis? - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Arx Fatalis?

Default Arx Fatalis?

December 11th, 2016, 14:40
Ho there, this one's been sitting on my shelf/whatnot for a very long time, decided to give it a go, finally.
Any recommendations before jumping in, mods that improve the whole thing while keeping true to original?
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

December 11th, 2016, 20:26
You want to use the Arx Libertatis mod. It makes the game a little more stable on newer OSs and fixes some bugs.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/arx-libertatis

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

December 11th, 2016, 21:40
I stopped playing the game as the innovative magic system drove me nuts. Drawing runes with a mouse in real time was not my cup of tea… If there is a mod that get rid of this (unlikely as it is a core feature of the game) I'd love to pick the game up again.

Zaleukos

Bum

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

December 11th, 2016, 21:42
That magic system was exactly the thing I love that game and recommend to everyone.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 148 Post(s)
+1:

December 12th, 2016, 00:16
Yes, a very important one: You don't have many levels to rise. So chose what class you want to be and stick to it. If you change your mind, restart. Don't waste any precious points on combat, if you want to be a mage. Or the other way around. A bit of object knowledge won't do any harm to any class, though.

Plus, if you chose a mage, experiment with the runes. Not every possible spell's in the book.

Finally, if you get stuck on a puzzle, have a good look at your surroundings. There's always a hint on the solution in the game. Everyone who complains about too difficult puzzles just hasn't paid enough attention.

Apart from that, just enjoy.

Dragonfly

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 12th, 2016, 00:35
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
That magic system was exactly the thing I love that game and recommend to everyone.
Indeed and you can "store" 3 pre-cast spells if I remember properly. After a while you just learn how to draw "fireball" real quick too.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Arx Fatalis?