Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North - Patch 1.6 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North - Patch 1.6

Default Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North - Patch 1.6

July 10th, 2019, 22:16
Patch 1.6 for Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North has been released:

Today's 1.6 patch includes a significant amount of new content.

• New playable character class: The dwarf bombardier is a heavily armoured warrior armed with a medieval handgun. The male variant is a close range fighter / shooter hybrid with a large shield. The female is a longer range marksman with a long rifle. Each has a separate set of skills and stat line to suit their role so play very differently from one another.
  • 3 new extra battle levels added set in the drakefang mountains. These feature large waves of higher level enemies including goblins, monsters and undead.
  • All playable characters (and most enemies) now have passive abilities. These include aura effects and abilities that kick under specific conditions (low health, surrounded, etc.). These abilities add a new layer of tactical depth to the game and help to further differentiate the player characters and enemy types.
  • There are, of course, the usual round of bug fixes and minor tweaks. Please note that this update also coincided with a major upgrade to the underlying unity engine version. Therefore, if you notice anything strange, please report and we will do our best to fix asap.
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

July 10th, 2019, 22:42
Will have to replay this at some point with all the new stuff that was added since v.1.0.

I recommend this game if you are happy with tactical turn-based battles and only very little story.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

July 11th, 2019, 00:23
How long is the game; i played quite a bit (maybe 20 hours?) before i decided i had better things (or better games) to play. No clue if i was near the end or still at the beginning. I think there are better tactical games (at least better than 1.0) out there so i can't really recommend it but it does have a lot of battles.

Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
Will have to replay this at some point with all the new stuff that was added since v.1.0.

I recommend this game if you are happy with tactical turn-based battles and only very little story.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

July 11th, 2019, 01:14

Since I've finished Blackguards, there are chances I'll like this game, right? Btw, IMHO the Blackguards' story was also quite forgettable.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; July 11th, 2019 at 13:58. Reason: Typo fixed

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

July 11th, 2019, 06:31
I also stopped after about 20 h. Not because I didn't like it, but because there was some heavy patching going on.

If you liked Blackguards, it is likely you will also like this. Although, char development is more rudimentary.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

July 11th, 2019, 15:08
I liked blackguard a lot more than this game - at least v 1.0. Blackguard had more of a story; more cases where your decision mattered and imho better tactics.

I also stopped after about 20 h. Not because I didn't like it, but because there was some heavy patching going on.

If you liked Blackguards, it is likely you will also like this. Although, char development is more rudimentary.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

July 11th, 2019, 15:43
I really want to give this game a full vetting, once the updates/patches die down I'll be diving in.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

July 12th, 2019, 11:53
Sounds tempting , maybe i'll dive into it

muhabor

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North - Patch 1.6