Thea: The Awakening - Adds Co-op Multiplayer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
MuHa Games has added co-op multiplayer to Thea: The Awakening according to the latest update on Steam. The co-op is added in the form of a free dlc which you can see here

The second DLC for Thea is here! You were all waiting for it so let's just skip to the meat:

New features and improvements:
- Co-op mode (as a separate download - see DLC section),
- A set of new events, fully translated and voiced,
- A set of additional events in English (as a separate download - see DLC section),
- Recipe screen now tells what are the chances of obtaining a good quality item,
- Turn Summary will show the amount of resources received and indicate if they come from gathering or from a building,
- Gathering tasks show the amount of resource currently in the group's inventory,
- Added Community Language - French,
- Entity Info screen and event drop list now displays information if a weapon is 1- or 2-Handed,
- New icons on Research/Crafting recipes screen,
- New icons for dozens of items (and 1-handed weapon icons can be more easily told apart from 2-handed weapons),
- Entity info screen now shows materials and properties on one page (no tab),
- New Building - Blessed Paths - increases gathering range of the player's Village,
- New icons for difficulties 6 to 10,
- Re-balanced armours and shields,
- Re-balanced unliving rats.

Fixes:
- Mokosh lvl 5 now properly gives +4 Health instead of +1 to your villagers,
- Setting craft count to maximum possible should work correctly now,
- Fixed a bug in the Scholar Village, where you should learn Herbalism but didn't. Also changed the prerequisites for Medic training, so that only existing medics will be able to improve their skill, not a random person,
- Fixed a bug in the Cosmic Tree quest where you had a dialogue option with the Leshy that should not have been visible till later,
- Fixed Weatherer using incorrect graphics,
- Preset group loading fix,
- Fixed a bug where a gatherer would get unassigned from a task if there is more than one resource of this type available for gathering,
- Fixed a hang in the Events Editor that happened when two lists contained no elements in common,
- In bloodbath mode, a character having 0 life no longer shows as critically injured as it effectively has 0% chance to die,
- Fixed damage received when fleeing from a fight in Bloodbath mode,
- Fixed "--" that was displayed during event resolving, when a wound tag was removed,
- Fixed calculation of the time it should take for a tasks to complete (if fuel supplies changed).

We hope you'll enjoy the new features and that there are no game-breaking bugs :p
More information.

Really liked this game at first, but after I beating it once I can see zero reason to ever play it again.

Exactly my thought screeg, really liked the first game i played, but the second game i started i quit after 15 minutes of playing.

What difficulty did you play it on?

The syndrom of players who only enjoy to learn how to play a game and quit as soon it is done without bothering about playing it.

Thea has been affected quite a lot by this.

What difficulty did you play it on?
I don't remember, but it's less about the game's challenge level and more about the mechanics. Once I understood them, played through it and got to see all the art, couldn't see any reason to play more. Steam says I put 46 hours in though, so that's decent. It felt much shorter, which means I must've been having fun!

The art is secondary.

That is about players who enjoy learning how to play a game and stop at that. Once the learning stage is done, they move to another product to learn and so.

When a gamer, you do not start to play the game until you have learned how to play the game, until you get a basic understanding of the mechanics to apply them. The application is when playing the game starts.

Thea is rather low on content and then the learning stage is not that lengthy.
Players who enjoy learning how to play games might feel they have not got enough.

Thea's strength,at release, was there was a solid game to play once you've learned how.

Update after update, it changed, the stakes were lessened, the tension smoothened.

It is near to what many products are actually: once gamers have passed the learning stage, they learn that there is no game to play afterwards.
That they spend their time on reaching that conclusion instead of preparing themselves to play a game.

Back
Top Bottom