SYNAPSE - Upcoming Science Fiction RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new upcoming science fiction RPG has been announced from Transhumanoid Games called SYNAPSE. Check out their website for more info.

SYNAPSE is a science fiction RPG adventure set in a post-libertarian future where governments have been deemed irrelevant, and 90% of humanity live in megacities run entirely by corporations. Find out more and sign up to play the demo at https://synapsegame.com/

The game presents a futuristic world that spurs the imagination, while remaining logical and plausible, by incorporating several technologies and socio-economic theories that are currently in development and which may become reality in the near-to-distant future.
More information.

Horrible trailer. Here's hope the game will be better.

Well, it's a sci-fi / cyberpunk CRPG with turn-based combat, so naturally, I'm interested. I don't mind the graphics; they're passable, I just hope that the dreadful "music" in the trailer isn't part of official soundtrack. I've signed up to be notified about the demo.

They got me at cyberpunk, then lost me at the trailer. This is one of those trailer I'd expect to see Jim Sterling bash on his YouTube channel.

It wasn't awful, but it did seem a bit bland and lackluster. Most CP games seem to use a lot of neon to brighten things up. Maybe they're going for a drab, industrial look? I didn't mind the techo style music as that can merge into the background after a while. *shrug* We'll see I guess.

Horrible trailer. Here's hope the game will be better.

I think you didnt catch that meta-message, guys. The trailer for Synapse is just broken synapse. :)

I just hope that the game wont try to send the same message. :)

Hi there, Seelan here and I'm one of the people working on this game.

Thank you everyone for your feedback on the video. It was meant more to share some of the work we've done so far, and we might have been a bit too excited to share it with the world.

We promise to work harder to improve the quality of the gameplay footage in any future promotional material we release.

We do hope that our demo will be one that the RPG community will enjoy, as we are huge fans of the genre ourselves.

Hi there, Seelan here and I'm one of the people working on this game.

Thank you everyone for your feedback on the video. It was meant more to share some of the work we've done so far, and we might have been a bit too excited to share it with the world.

We promise to work harder to improve the quality of the gameplay footage in any future promotional material we release.

Welcome on RPGWatch, Seelan, and thanks for coming here. Especially after this feedback. That video can really scare some fans off and that would be unfortunate. I think that shorter teaser that would hint at futuristic world and TB combat would be better.
I was joking a little, but most of us dont bash the game. We will just wait for some better material. I believe you will work hard on it.

We do hope that our demo will be one that the RPG community will enjoy, as we are huge fans of the genre ourselves.

Nice. Good luck with it.

Welcome on RPGWatch, Seelan, and thanks for coming here. Especially after this feedback. That video can really scare some fans off and that would be unfortunate. I think that shorter teaser that would hint at futuristic world and TB combat would be better.
I was joking a little, but most of us dont bash the game. We will just wait for some better material. I believe you will work hard on it.

And thank you for the advice and encouragement. We'll be back with a more concise teaser.

Glad to have you in the forums Seelan :) glad to see you're not discouraged from the feedback. You're touching a theme (sci-fi/cyberpunk) which I absolutely love and would really like to see a great RPG based on it. Best of luck on the game and feel free to keep us updated!

I also found the trailer confusing and pointless. And certainly not AAA graphics, didn't even look AA from that trailer.

Glad to have you in the forums Seelan :) glad to see you're not discouraged from the feedback. You're touching a theme (sci-fi/cyberpunk) which I absolutely love and would really like to see a great RPG based on it. Best of luck on the game and feel free to keep us updated!

Thank you for the welcome, Nyx. I have been a long-time sci-fi fan as well!

If you like, you can find out a little more about the setting and characters on our website: https://synapsegame.com/

One more thing, and it might just be me being overcritical. But I feel like the art style of the characters and the world doesn't compliment each other. They looks like they are from two completely different projects. I know it's still early in development but that was just the impression I got.

Back
Top Bottom