Homeworld Remastered Collection

Who is this Randy Pitchford ? I don't know all of these names ...

Another example is Nordic games who acquires old IP's, and makes money off other people work. They are also funding new games with unknown studios.

So I don't like it either, but as I said above they now own the games.

Update: Seems this thread is now going to be de-railed with posts about Randy Pitchford. So I'll stop posting new links from now. So have a good-day everyone.

No need to deprive others of info about the remastered version. Hell, I am also a bit interested about the remastering of the games, since I hear only good things about the original series. So I appreciate the info on it. My only issue was with Gearbox's marketing practices. And I have developed quite a distaste for mister Pitchford's practices. But that's enough on the subject from me. But please don't take my issues personally.

Another example is Nordic games who acquires old IP's, and makes money off other people work.

"Virtual goods" like "intellectual property" are getting more & more important these day.

The ideal money making position is to buy up things and then harvest from other people's works. Like Patent Trolls do. Least possible amount of actual work included.

Economical parasitism is a new meta-illness.

Gearbox released a new introduction trailer for Homeworld Remastered.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMWn4btduJE
From the epic story of a journey home across the galaxy to massive 8-player multiplayer battles, learn everything there is to know about Homeworld Remastered Collection. The legendary space RTS returns on February 25, 2015

I never understood why LucasArts never did an RTS like this. THe last one just *looked* as it it was 3D, but wasn't. Such a bummer. :(

Anyway, I need to find the music CD by Yes somewhere in my library … ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2AhjhYWDUM

Edit : My favourite tactic was to take over enemy harvesters. ;)

I never got playing homeworlds back then. So I will definitely get these remastered versions.

Gearbox released another trailer this week for Homeworld Remastered.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH8ETGPXBO4
Learn more about the critically acclaimed story of Homeworld 2 in this trailer that highlights the updated audio, visuals, and effects in Homeworld Remastered Collection.

Gearbox released a new launch trailer, and more information about modding.

Link - http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1326/homeworld-remastered-collection-s-mod-tools
At launch, we’ll have a Steam Workshop tool available that will allow you to upload and download mods, and based on your feedback, we’ll be adding more functionality post-release. Classic mods can also be uploaded, so your original Homeworld 2 Classic mods can be uploaded to the Steam Workshop!
The Homeworld Remastered Collection introduces Relic's acclaimed space strategy games Homeworld and Homeworld 2 to modern players and operating systems using the newest sophisticated graphics rendering technology, plus a fully remastered score and new, high fidelity voice recordings by the original actors, and more!

Another update by me again today as I found two new reviews.;)

GamingNexus - 9/10
Homeworld 1 and 2 were classic real-time strategy games in their original forms, with the exception of some of difficulty issues. The Homeworld Remastered Collection brings the series back in a thoughtful approach that keeps intact the original gameplay experience, while also masterfully recreating the visuals and sound. By utilizing original artists and voice actors, it's clear a great deal of work has gone into bringing the Homeworld series to the modern era of gaming. The epic scale of space battles and awe-inspiring backdrops they take place in make the Homeworld Remastered Collection a must own for real-time strategy fans.
IncGamers - 9/10
It’s evident a lot of time, effort and care has gone into this release, which should be enough to refute any concerns about Homeworld Remastered being a cash-in. To make an old game feel new is never easy, but that’s what Gearbox has successfully achieved. This is a must-have game, perhaps even if you’ve played the originals.

According to Total Biscuit, this "remaster" is the best remaster ever. It's not just "allow bigger resolutions cashgrab". Many things are redrawn, audio rerecorded/cleaned.
No wonder it gets 9 everywhere.

Well, after playing it last night, I'm almost ready to forgive them for A:CM.

Almost....

Are there any quality reviews by people that didn't play original Homeworlds?
I want to see how the new generation of players sees this game.

Well here is some good news for all of you who enjoyed playing the remastered version it seems Gearbox is now looking for for Homeworld Cataclysm's source code.

Link - http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...ooking-for-homeworld-cataclysm-s-source-code/
The Remastered Collection contains both Homeworld and its sequel, but not the Cataclysm standalone expansion pack for Homeworld.

"Unfortunately, the source code for Cataclysm is missing – it was developed by Barking Dog, not Relic Entertainment – which makes it hard to approach in the same way that we remastered Homeworld and Homeworld 2," Martel revealed.

"That said, if fans are passionate about it, we’ll keep investigating ways to at the very least see if we can re-release the classic version. And if anyone out there has the source code handy, let us know!"

Apparingly there is an major update now, it's called "Homeworld Remastered 2.0".
If I read this correctly, Safevegames are incompatible to 1.0 (surprise, surprise, it's like a recurring theme in the software industry …)

June 6, 2016

Note: All prior in-game saves are no longer valid. Campaign progression is still valid; you just have to restart any missions you are currently on.

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com...orld-Remastered-Collection-Update-Information

Besides, it is on GOG now as well (half of the full price right now).

Back
Top Bottom