Fallout 4 - New Vegas Mod Gameplay

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming A new gameplay video for a Fallout 4 mod which recreates Fallout: New Vegas. The video shows the beginning of Fallout: New Vegas in Doctor Mitchells house.

Team F4NV has released a new video, showing the first 10 minutes of gameplay from the highly anticipated Fallout 4: New Vegas mod. As the title suggests, Fallout 4: New Vegas is a remake of Obsidian’s Fallout New Vegas game in Fallout 4.

[...]

More information.

So, I've played through FNV enough to know that this Doc Mitchell sounds different; is this team really planning on re-recording all the dialog in FNV? That's a pretty audacious plan… I'll be pretty surprised if this project proves to be more than vaporware on that fact alone - not to mention all the interwoven quests they need to implement and Q/A.

Good luck to them! And their sanity.

The music also has been slighty reworked...

Those guys know what they're doing though, the "two bears high-fiving" mod is included.

My guess is they are redoing the music and audio to prevent a future cease and desist letter for copyright infringement. This happened to the Fallout 3 mod in New Vegas.

Like Drithius mentioned to much work and probably future vaporware.

Make the mod without music or spoken dialogue, then anonymously create another little mod that adds the originals back in, spread the word, and deny all knowledge. :plotting:

Make the mod without music or spoken dialogue, then anonymously create another little mod that adds the originals back in, spread the word, and deny all knowledge. :plotting:
Just don't release it on the Nexus or Steam as someone will rat you out. Just look at one of the latest Mass Effect 3 mods it used XCOM music and was flagged on the first day.

So, I've played through FNV enough to know that this Doc Mitchell sounds different; is this team really planning on re-recording all the dialog in FNV? That's a pretty audacious plan… I'll be pretty surprised if this project proves to be more than vaporware on that fact alone - not to mention all the interwoven quests they need to implement and Q/A.

Good luck to them! And their sanity.

Sounds like it, but this is pretty damn good performance. This is crazy ambitious, but I don't see the point in this. Modded FNV will still look and play a lot better than this kind of overhaul.

Gotta agree with Bobo. What's the point? Visually, it only looks moderately better than vanilla FO:NV, and any other improvements can probably be done just as well, if not better, by mods.

Gotta agree with Bobo. What's the point? Visually, it only looks moderately better than vanilla FO:NV, and any other improvements can probably be done just as well, if not better, by mods.

It will look a lot better IMHO. I just got done with a long run of New Vegas, and while still beautiful in its own right, after playing Fallout 4 recently, that game is gorgeous visually. At least in terms of textures and the overall "feel" and atmosphere of the graphics. So while this probably won't see the light of day, if it does it could be great. New Vegas is still great but starting to feel a bit dated.

IMO, the graphics seem better, as you would expect, but not by so much as to make it essential. Very few of these mods which attempt to remake originals actually ever see the light of day anyhow, with only full conversions (such as Enderal) being the rare exceptions. They are most often self-promoting tools for the dev.

As audacious as this is, I would still totally play whatever the end result will be. If for nothing else but for the little touches like the new voice acting and music.

So hat's off and best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom