Kickstarter - Heroes of Steel

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Bob informed us of the Kickstarter for Heroes of Steel, which already met its goal with 17K pledged of an asked 12K, but there is still an opportunity to join within the next 50 hours, if you like its concepts.
In Heroes of Steel, you command a party of four heroes with a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and abilities as you strive to protect the shattered remains of civilization from dark powers. Your adventure will follow the heroes through a sprawling story that will start a few years after the shattering and covering the legendary struggle against the dark. A rich world full of sub-plots, quests, and diversions will be wrapped in and around the main story, allowing you to enjoy the world of Steel to the fullest depths.
The world of Steel, as you will know it, will feel like an endless series of dungeons, underground lairs, lost highways, and buried cisterns. The druids led the survivors into the under-deep, and they have been forced to settle there and scratch out a life beneath the surface. Much of the action of Heroes of Steel will occur below ground, but there will be brief glimpses of the surface, when nearing a town or traversing open ground, when the weak light from the sun slants down through the chasm to the stony floor.
As you progress through the game’s story, you will uncover many secrets of the world of Steel and its splintered pantheon of gods. The main plot and the web of subplots will deepen your understanding and appreciation for the rich world, and the forces of evil that threaten to overwhelm it. The courageous acts you will undertake in Heroes will become the core stories, myths and legends spread by humanity in future games within the trilogy of Steel. Taking inspiration from the pen and paper role-playing games developed by the Trese Brothers, you will find grim themes running through the storylines and a focus on human problems.
When creating your party you can choose from a variety of distinct characters to form a balanced group. Heroes of Steel will provide four unique classes from which to choose, each with their own abilities and special powers which you can further develop. Taking inspiration from other classic games, each class will have its own tree of special abilities allowing you to choose how each character evolves. This depth of customization will allow you to create characters of the same basic class who function very differently within your party. Will you build a purely offensive sorcerer wielding fiery wrath, or spread your talents to enable a team-player or a defensive caster? In Heroes, you have that flexibility.
More information.

These guys make nice little games on Android....and they're constantly updating them. Real dedication.

When I saw the title of this game, I was instantly reminded of an old cprg from the days of DOS that I still have fond memories of, an underrated game called Discples of Steel. Unfortunately it got poor reviews when it was released in 1993 or thereabouts, but I played it from beginning to end and very much enjoyed it(despite it being a bit buggy).
I was kind of hoping that this game might be a spiritual successor to Disciples of Steel, but it doesn't seem like it.

Back
Top Bottom