Anime Discussion Thread

The second season of Attack On Titan is great. Of course.
It was slightly better than the first.

You got a fairly good anime list @henriquejr;
You will have some good times coming ahead. And welcome to the beautiful and sometimes weird world of Anime world. :D

(...)
You got a fairly good anime list @henriquejr;
You will have some good times coming ahead. And welcome to the beautiful and sometimes weird world of Anime world. :D

Any other Anime you wanna add?

3) @joxer;, as for Anime's subtypes, I don't know some terms. E.g. I don't know what kind of Anime the 'Harem' is. And yes, I know what a Hentai is :p
One male surrounded by numerous females and vice versa. No, I don't talk about hentai.

From the list aka your plan a few comments:
Code Geass (2007) - overrated mediocre trash, I'd skippit
Elfen Lied (2004) - also overrated, but slightly above mediocre
Fate Stay Night - not sure which Fate(s) I did watch, it's mish mash of annoying whatnot
Robotech - for all I remember that's not anime
Steins;Gate - this one is a mustwatch nearmasterpiece! do it now please.
Sword Art Online (2012) - didn't watch it yet, apparently not as good as King's Avatar
Tales of Symphonia - you should play Tales of Berseria before watching this for better experience

It is yaoi.
If you say so. Doesn't feel anything similar to other (apparently) yaoi I watched.

Any other Anime you wanna add?

Do I!? :D

I could add. But,you have a big list already.
Still,I can recommend these few.

Kill La Kill
A somewhat over the top little series. Very cool fight scenes. Has a lot of humor.
Good artstyle.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood
For a long time I was avoiding this series. A mistake on my part. It is perfect for,getting into animes.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
From the creators of Attack on Titan. Not as good. But the visuals are top notch.

Death Parade
Interesting mystery/horror series.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood
For a long time I was avoiding this series. A mistake on my part. It is perfect for,getting into animes.

I say watch the first Fullmetal Alchemist, then wait a couple of weeks, then watch Brotherhood.

They start the same way (about first dozen of episodes tell the same "intro" in both series) but the story branches in totally different directions. One is better than another and vice versa. To this day I cannot say which one I like more, both are fantastic.

For anime entry, firstwatch of a sort, I'd still suggest Death Note as it raises a question what would you do if you had one. Would you use it to get rid of that annoying aunt? Irritating neighbor? Evil chief? Hell half of the town that's getting on your nerves, politicians, lawyers… So many choices (and consequences) to make! ;)
But FMA is also good, especially if one is underaged.

(…)
For anime entry, firstwatch of a sort, I'd still suggest Death Note as it raises a question what would you do if you had one.

I'm watching Death Note on Netflix. I watched it until Episode 12:

When the 2nd Kyra - the girl - just showed in, and she's trying to make an appointment with Light Yagami.

Would you use it to get rid of (…) politicians??

Here in Brazil? Hell, yes. You wanna know what a very bad politician is like? Come here!

I love anime, can't wait for a new season of Noragami

Is season 2 any good? I quite enjoyed the first one, and anime is not usually my thing.

I finished watchnig Season 2 a couple of days ago. It's shorter than Season 1 (S1 has 25 episodes, S2 has only 12).

I found 2nd Season quite as good as the 1st one. I fear telling you more about it and ending up spoiling some things :)

I finished watchnig Season 2 a couple of days ago. It's shorter than Season 1 (S1 has 25 episodes, S2 has only 12).

I found 2nd Season quite as good as the 1st one. I fear telling you more about it and ending up spoiling some things :)

Thanks very much. I'm glad to hear that it kept up the quality.

Exciting news.

Winter season brings an anime series called Junji Ito "Collection".
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36124/Ito_Junji__Collection

Junji Ito is the author of one of the most disturbing comic ever made: Uzumaki.

While I don't expect Uzumaki being a part of this anime series nor I expect it'll make my brain rolling 100% like Uzumaki did, I'm already drooling!

I don't know if anyone started following this one, but so far it's a damned masterpiece. We can argue that art is simplified, but every short story hits the bullseye. It does feel as a work of love even if the budget wasn't high.
Can't praise it enough, the year couldn't start more spectacular for me.

Warning: don't binge it, take at least a day of pause between episodes.

Oh boy, watching Devilman Crybaby. Crazy stuff happening there. The first minute or so the art looked a bit simplistic, but that disappeared soon. In fact, it is quite stylized with lots of nudity and gory stuff, while (best of all) heart-pumping beats kick in all the time in the background. Not for the faint of heart but I'm enjoying it.

Did not get to watch Junji Ito Collection,yet.
Did watch Juuni Taisen,which was a good series to watch. Better than what I expected,lets say.
Hoped to see a bit more action,or more of the battle it self. But,the backstories where a nice compensation. Not complaining much. :)

Netflix seems to be on a mission to push the envelope. Seen the Beserk remake? I was dumbfounded with what was going on in Episode III. I won’t spoil it but wow.

To this day I'm not sure why Lelouch impressed so many people. IMO the whole thing is overrated. Maybe it feels unique enough to anime newcomers?
You'll probably be happy to know Code Geass will receive the third season this or next year. No, I don't know what, why and is it a prequel or "midquel" considering the story had it's closure.

It's not Lelouch that impressed people, it was the setting, the mysteries, the enormous cast, the romance stuff, the soundtrack, the AAA voice cast* and the amazing usage of "Sunrise Tropes" (which you would only recognize if you watched previous Sunrise series).

Anime fans were hyped about the series before the first episode came out, it was Sunrise A team with one of the best anime writer and a well known director at the helm.

*they pretty much hired the most popular voice actors at the time…who only got more popular.

I'm watching now Shokugeki no Soma Season 3
love this anime

I watched a few episodes of the first season and dropped it soon. Dunno why is that show so popular. It's setup was not my pair of shoes, then again I can't cook.
I'm not saying the show sucks, it's just the specific theme it covers is not attractive to me.

You should play Final Fantasy 15.

To this day I'm not sure why Lelouch impressed so many people. IMO the whole thing is overrated. Maybe it feels unique enough to anime newcomers?
You'll probably be happy to know Code Geass will receive the third season this or next year. No, I don't know what, why and is it a prequel or "midquel" considering the story had it's closure.

I found season one pretty good. Second season is way off in pacing, and just lacks the same intrigue as the first. Unfortunately, the second season drags down the series enough to make the whole show mediocre IMO.

I'm surprised it's gotten a third season.

The Spring season is over.

The only show I watched all through was Toki no Miko (Katana Maiden), it's part of a multi-media project meant to promote a mobile game from Square Enix. Started slow, but it was pretty awesome from ep 4-5 onward, a bit of slowdown at the start of the second half, but I personally though it ended strong with the last 5 episodes. Most fighting scenes were pretty good and it was mostly plot focused. Surprisingly, for an anime with a purely female cast, it was very tame in term of fanservices (aka pantie shots, blatant yuri, etc).

I also watched Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous) because some people claim it was better than Made in Abyss last year. I found Houseki somewhat boring, it has an interesting premise and awesome artstyle, but outside of that not much. It also kinda ended when it started to get good (it's based on an manga which isn't even done yet).

I hated Made in Abyss till it's 10th episode which is brilliant! If anyone reads this, skip everything and watch only the 10th episode of that show. But that aside…

The only thing in spring season I went following was Tokyo Ghoul third season which is pathetic. I wish I didn't start it, please, don't repeat my mistake, nothing worth your time will happen in there. Stick with the first season of that show and end watching it there.

And I went on with new episodes of Black Clover, now that one… Makes me smile. A lot. It's so horribly wrong, it sucks, you know it's rubbish, but if you ever try it, you'll have fun with it, I promise.

Finally if you didn't know all three ONA episodes of King's Avatar are legally available on youtube with english subs. Don't skippit - it has even more spectacular keyboard+mouse gameplay fingerplay animation. I have some serious urge to create gifs from it and use here on the forum when mushrooms need some slapping.
Those three plus the whole first season if you missed it, are available on official Tencent channel or use some playlist like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSjaP1eV5eQ&list=PL5kY28urehfiPhEWrc8rKLVTOOMi5dCsE
Season 2 of this show should appear later this year, apparently.

Still waiting for Steins;Gate second season to be completed before watching it - most probably just as it's first season that thing needs to be binged.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom