Bard's Tale IV - Collectors Box Cover Survey

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Yep. And the subtitle needs to remain "TBA".

Never played the original and its on the iOS now. Saw the first few minutes in a gameplay video. Looks hilarious

You can totally skip the Bard's Tale that came out like twelve years ago, but you really should play the first three. The word awesome was made for such gaming experiences!!! I hope the new one can live up to the first three.

The most natural connecting image to the boxes from the original games is certainly the third selection. My BT II: Destiny Knight box is very similar to that. The darker tones don't quite connote the same feelings, at least for me.

Bit strange that this sort of question hasn't gone to the kickstarter backers (unless there's an update coming in the next day or two)

I'm going to say none. Option one and two are ruled out because they have the exact sample pattern as BT1 whereas I think it should have a different pattern to continue the trend 2&3 set. Option 3 the pattern is not symmetrical like BT1-2 (3 wasn't fully symmetrical but it was at first glance). The colour I am not overly fussed about as long as it is a shade of grey but I wouldn't mind if it matched up height and width wise with 1-3. The depth with have to be deeper to fit all the goodies I am guessing.

Last edited:
The most natural connecting image to the boxes from the original games is certainly the third selection. My BT II: Destiny Knight box is very similar to that. The darker tones don't quite connote the same feelings, at least for me.
Agreed; Destiny Knight was the box that leapt to mind with that one, which incidentally was my favourite of the series. That's why I voted for option A.

While I played the original three to death (to the point where my fingers can STILL automatically navigate their way through the Grey Crypt Death Snare), this is an all-around modernization of those games, after all. The first image, IMO, is a very good representation of what I hope is the modern reality of the game, without playing up the nostalgia angle quite so heavily as the third image. Because, while I'm certainly looking forward to an old-school romp with all the familiar names and places, I'm also looking for a little more in the way of detail from this game.

The second image just looks odd with the stark white lettering in the middle of the otherwise well-shaded pic.

I'd be happy with C as well, though, can't deny that. Or... maybe they could give us both?

Don't care. I'll have a line on my Steam library that says The Bard's Tale and I'll click on that line to open it :)

I don't care because I won't get a box anyway ...

My time of caring about physical properties of video games is long past, except when I grab a new title for my Switch. That shot does bring back some very good memories, though.

B looks artistically most correct, but C looks more original, interesting in a "left hook hit your face out of the blue sky" sense.

Anybody wanna bet how much inXile did FCK UP this game as well?:
A: CLUSTER
B: MODERATELY making it still unpalatable
C: NOT TOO MUCH: Actually the game will be surprisingly playable, despite evident UI FCK UP in the gameplay video with those ridiculous 2D messy art characters...

Back
Top Bottom