Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
E-mail notifications were being sent, but the mail settings were not configured correctly as I got some bouncing mails on incorrectly configured reverse pointer and DMARC DNS entries. Most mails went through, but your ISP and one or two others bounced the mails.
Yesterday evening I got around to finding out what I had configured incorrectly and apparently it works now :)

Well, I only set it to that ISP since my previous one stopped receiving mails before that.

But I am glad it's working now as I am heavily based on email notifications.

Is there an option to extend the dark color mode of RPGwatch to the post creator/editor panel?

Hello

I'm having some issues with tapatalk whereby the unread tab does not refresh correctly anymore.

It keep showing the same threads even when I read one and refresh the view.

Once in a while it fully refreshes and then does the same thing again.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I've noticed that, in the past week or so several people have quoted comments from me, but then those posts were deleted. I guess I'm wondering why that happens, do we really have that many here that don't follow the rules or is something else to blame?

It usually means the person who quoted your comment deleted his post.

I get a few of them. I generally assume it was something rude, and then they changed their minds. :p

Yep I've written a few negative replies then quickly deleted them before.

I've had a few members do it to me also.:biggrin:

I've noticed that, in the past week or so several people have quoted comments from me, but then those posts were deleted. I guess I'm wondering why that happens, do we really have that many here that don't follow the rules or is something else to blame?
Something else (like people having second thoughts) is to blame. Apart from spammers everybody, to my knowledge, is following the rules.

Sorry if this isn't the right place or you guys have just been busy, but I've been posting here for about a week now (9 posts, I think), but I've still got the mod restrictions on me that don't allow me to do things like have an avatar or signature. In another thread, it had said they would be removed at 7 posts for new accounts. Is this just something a mod has to manually do or could it have been a bug of some kind?

Yes, this weird. I checked several things. The settings I see say you have to be able to upload an avatar, a signature, etc. Yet, your tenth posting needed to be approved as well. This is not how it should be. My apologies.
I have notified the boss, Myrthos.

Okay, so it wasn't just my misunderstanding. Good to know and I appreciate you looking into it! :)

I don't see a problem in the system. The check to determine which users have to be transitioned from a restricted user to an RPGWatch user, takes place once an hour. The be exact at the 25th minute of the hour.
It looks to be working as you have been transitioned to the RPGWatch user group and you are able to add an avatar.

What I see is that your 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th posts were all made in that hour time frame, so all those posts needed approval as the script to promote you to the right group, after your 7th post, was not executed yet.

I don't see a problem in the system. The check to determine which users have to be transitioned from a restricted user to an RPGWatch user, takes place once an hour. The be exact at the 25th minute of the hour.
It looks to be working as you have been transitioned to the RPGWatch user group and you are able to add an avatar.

What I see is that your 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th posts were all made in that hour time frame, so all those posts needed approval as the script to promote you to the right group, after your 7th post, was not executed yet.

Ah, I see. So my posts must have just been approved more recently than I had thought they were. That makes sense. Thanks for looking into it for me, though!

Made some tweaks again today, to make the response time of the site more constant. In my tries the sometimes very lengthy delays are gone, but I would be interested to learn what the experience is for others.

Added: if you find the time to be too long for your taste, can you provide me with the approximate duration of loading the page and the time it occured (including time zone).
I need your time to verify it with server activities.

Last edited:
At the time you posted the message yesterday, it was much snappier for a while. But it's since gone back to being quite sluggish, for me. Probably on average around 5 second delay before loading a page. Better than it was at the beginning, when I was sometimes expecting it to time out.

I'm coming through a VPN, so I'm not a good candidate for looking at geographic issues. I doubt that's a big factor in my case, as I'm often on the same connection for days, and I still see the variation, and only on this forum.

Well I keep getting network or database errors followed by a white page when reloading. I wait five/ten minutes before reloading the webpage, and it fixes itself.

Getting error pages today, around 12:40 GMT.

Yes that is correct. Should be done now.

I'm trying to find out the reason behind an issue which puts one of the cores to 100% at irregular times and needed to restart the database and webserver a few times.

Do you think there's some kind of bug or configuration issue, rather than the provider overloading their hosts or suchlike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom