Graywalkers - New Combat Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Russell Tomas of Dreamlords Digital was kind enough to send a new video of the updated combat system for Graywalkers Purgatory that backers got in the last update.

He also sent a link to a new demo which I'm sorry to say I can't share, but don't worry it will be available when the game relaunches in the second week of September.

More information.

I would enlarge character portraits F1-F7 or not display them at all.

Hit chance % needs to be shown for the player.

The font for Details are subject to change should be like 4x current size. Minimum font size should be the one used for PUNCH.

Attack with your blunt weapon font size is absolutely horrible, needs a microscope interface attached to the screen to enlarge it to be readable.

The weapon selection slide-in interface should occupy at least half the screen length with way bigger icons and fonts.

Needs a melee weapon equipped icon needs to be bigger.

NOW row of character icon-colum is useless, ditch it, who is next should be shown on top character display.

Left current character UI should be elongated to reach center of screen.

Make End Turn button couple of pixels bigger.

The font for Details are subject to change should be like 4x current size. Minimum font size should be the one used for PUNCH.

The weapon slide-in interface should occupy at least half the screen length with way bigger icons and fonts.
Will you stop it will the font comments already please.:thanks:

I know it's an issue with you but you repeat the same thing over a hundred times already. Maybe write the developers as they might listen to you.:)

I know it's an issue with you but you repeat the same thing over a hundred times already. Maybe write the developers as they might listen to you.:)

Yes. No more fonts comments.

I see no reason why Mercy can't complain about fonts. That would be like telling Joxer to not complain about respawns, and the forum would lose some of it's charm. ;)

Mercy, I'm curious, what size monitor are you using? Laptop?

I see no reason why Mercy can't complain about fonts. That would be like telling Joxer to not complain about respawns,?

and mobile games and MMOs and DLCs… :D

Heck, if we were allowed to complain only once about anything, this'd be a lot less active site.

Woah, this thread showed up in my news feed. Thanks for the feedback mercy! All noted.

(I'm the programmer for Graywalkers if any of you guys remember me. I also made the GUI.)

The video's recorded in 1080 HD, that might explain why they look so small for you.

Here's how it looks like in 1280x720:

That being said, I have no problem with increasing the text/GUI size overall. Perhaps I could add a slider in the options to increase/decrease it.

I'm also ok with the idea of combining the turn order and the squad bar at the top. We could make a mock-up of that some time and let you guys compare and decide.

Those will have to wait though, as we're making ourselves follow a strict schedule (!). I'm wrapping up on the Main Menu GUI, and we'll be making some other stuff to show next.

Will the combat be streamlined for keyboard; I.e, will there be short cuts so the keyboard can be used for most of teh commands like end turn; select action and so forth ? Gotta preserve my wrist from constant movements.

Woah, this thread showed up in my news feed. Thanks for the feedback mercy! All noted.

(I'm the programmer for Graywalkers if any of you guys remember me.)

The video's recorded in 1080 HD, that might explain why they look so small for you.

Here's how it looks like in 1280x720:
Graywalkers%2BPurgatory%2BCombat%2BDe%2B2014-08-09%2B11-11-26-50.jpg

That being said, I have no problem with increasing the text/GUI size overall. Perhaps I could add a slider in the options to increase/decrease it.

I'm also ok with the idea of combining the turn order and the squad bar at the top. We could make a mock-up of that some time and let you guys compare and decide.

Those will have to wait though, as we're making ourselves follow a strict schedule (!). I'm wrapping up on the Main Menu GUI, and we'll be making some other stuff to show next.

Will the combat be streamlined for keyboard; I.e, will there be short cuts so the keyboard can be used for most of teh commands like end turn; select action and so forth ? Gotta preserve my wrist from constant movements.

We haven't discussed anything about that so far, but personally, I don't see why not.

So far I've already put:
  1. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 for the attack buttons (lower right)
  2. F1 to F6 selects your squad members
  3. space to confirm attack, esc to cancel it

And I'm thinking maybe:
  1. Tab key should cycle through those sliding/accordion tabs
  2. Backspace for end turn perhaps

Feel free to give suggestions.

I see no reason why Mercy can't complain about fonts. That would be like telling Joxer to not complain about respawns, and the forum would lose some of it's charm. ;)
Well I can only stand to read the same replies only so many times, and look he even put them in bold letters this time. Keep up the good work Mercy.:)

Now to be nice in the thread for once thank you Anomalous Underdog. The GUI looks fine in my opinion, but maybe try doing what Larian did. They implemented UI scaling.

Well I can only stand to read the same replies only so many times, and look he even put them in bold letters this time. Keep up the good work Mercy.:)

Now to be nice in the thread for once thank you Anomalous Underdog. The GUI looks fine in my opinion, but maybe try doing what Larian did. They implemented UI scaling.

We will definitely explore that, especially now knowing its important to some people. It probably won't happen for this demo but I'm pretty sure we can do that for the future. As ferds mentioned, we can even havea manual UI scaling so you can scale it to what suits you.

Mercy, I'm curious, what size monitor are you using? Laptop?

Yes please make them both stop.

Thanks couch the font thing in every thread was annoying only surpassed by joxer but that one is probably a lost cause.

Voicing your displeasure is fine but really there a point it goes overboard.

I for one don't want games with giant fonts and dialogue boxes everywhere.

Yes please make them both stop.

Thanks couch the font thing in every thread was annoying only surpassed by joxer but that one is probably a lost cause.

Voicing your displeasure is fine but really there a point it goes overboard.

I for one don't want games with giant fonts and dialogue boxes everywhere.

Actually, aren't you doing excactly the same thing when stating in pretty much every D:OS thread that you'll wait for 5-50 more patches before playing? ;)

On topic, I pledged the first time and I'll pledge again, I think Graywalkers sounds like a game I want to play.

Actually, aren't you doing excactly the same thing when stating in pretty much every D:OS thread that you'll wait for 5-50 more patches before playing? ;).

Pretty much every d:OS thread?

Looking through my posts it was 2 threads and 1 was a joke. So basically 1 thread.

I can only assume your joking or something?

Pretty much every d:OS thread?

Looking through my posts it was 2 threads and 1 was a joke. So basically 1 thread.

I can only assume your joking or something?

I had probably read exactly those two threads earlier the same day and found it funny. I meant no offence though. That's what the smiley was supposed to indicate. My apologies if I came of as smug.

I frequent this forum not not only beacuse I've found so many peers here, but also because I really enjoy the posts of some of our more excentric personalities.

I had probably read exactly those two threads earlier the same day and found it funny. I meant no offence though. That's what the smiley was supposed to indicate. My apologies if I came of as smug.

I frequent this forum not not only beacuse I've found so many peers here, but also because I really enjoy the posts of some of our more excentric personalities.

No offense taken. I was just confused.

The posts really shouldn't bother me. It must be old age, when I was younger everything just rolled off me.

Now even small things can annoy me. Really something I should work on.

The posts really shouldn't bother me. It must be old age, when I was younger everything just rolled off me.

Now even small things can annoy me. Really something I should work on.
Welcome to the club sakichop.;)

I just can't tolerate certain posts anymore myself. I like to call it my bullshit/anti-troll radar. Don't believe me check out some of my replies to certain posters.

Anyway I just started playing the demo today so I can probably give my impression of it in a few more days. So far I like what I see.:)

Welcome to the club sakichop.;)

I just can't tolerate certain posts anymore myself. I like to call it my bullshit/anti-troll radar. Don't believe me check out some of my replies to certain posters.

Anyway I just started playing the demo today so I can probably give my impression of it in a few more days. So far I like what I see.:)

Glad to know I'm not alone.:)

Now, what kind of membership benefits does this club have?;)

Sorry for all the off topic.

Sometimes we all sound like grumpy old (wo)men.

Recently some posters complained in PMs about the quality of RPGWatch discussions and overall poor interpersonal dealings in discussions nowadays.
Some already lurk more at the Codex to get more information…

so let's return to some old Non Flamers Guild values:

a) respect others
b) try to use valid arguments
c) at least try to understand other arguments and opinions
d) avoid bullshit posts (ok, some jokes here and there…) ;)
e) avoid walls of text
f) be friendly and polite
g) have fun!

Back
Top Bottom