Banner Saga Retrospective

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Stoic takes a look back at the entire Banner Saga and reflects on lessons learned.

Link - http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ups_and_downs_of_building_the_Banner_Saga.php
Kickstarter isn’t as popular as it was back when the first campaign went up in 2012, but it still has its advantages.

One of the things that studio -- along with publisher Versus Evil -- learned during development of the second installment was how important the community is to a game’s release. It builds hype for it, but it also increases feedback, which only makes developers and games better.

Steve Escalante, founder of Versus Evil, learned a lot during Banner Saga’s development about how to use Kickstarter but how to market a trilogy.

“You need to create these events, bigger pieces of a launch event, for a big massive piece of content,” he said. “if you're doing little updates, you lose some momentum and some brandibility and being able to build on that.”

Learning harder into its community inspires Stoic and it’s something its members said they’ll continue to do with the next project.

“One thing we know we will want to do is to not go back into a cave and make something for two years without talking to the community and fans,” Thomas said. “The next thing will have a lot more frequent updates, be more community-driven for sure.”

The Stoic team can’t say for sure what’s next for the studio (obviously) but art director Arnie Jorgensen, who jumped into the stream in the last 10 minutes, says there are three things they’re looking forward to.

“We want to stay in the RPG genre," he said. "We want to be tactical, [and] we want to continue the world-building we're known for."

Ahhhh I do enjoy an actual text post, nice. There's some good information in here that other developers would be wise to note.
Hey I do post text links sometimes.:p

Anyway yeah it was a good write-up summary of the live-stream.

I get banned by a developer because I requested texts for a video from a youtuber, that's where are new generations.

They even lost the clue that a text can be much more fast to read than some boredom vocals of some boredom youtubers. And I don't even mention the problem for non english natives.

So yeah thanks for the texts. :-D

Back
Top Bottom