Underrail - In the Halls of the Savage King

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Dev Log #58 for Underrail is titled 'In the Halls of the Savage King' and shows off some screenshots of the area.

Hi guys,

We're basically done with the savage natives. You won't be able to join this faction but you'll be able to explore their territory and their lore, and in any case you'll come in contact with them regularly as they are the primary danger facing the expedition.

[screenshots]

Now we're taking a two week break to get some sun. After that we'll be putting the final touches on the rest of the Black Sea and preparing the closed alpha that will probably be available in the second half of September. It will be invite only. We'll be turning to the veterans of our community to help us test the massive amount of content we added so far to help us weed out bugs, handle any glaring imbalances as well as provide general feedback as to how to improve the expansion (within reason).

As the closed alpha is taking place we'll move to the final dungeon and the main quest wrap up.

Let us know how you like the new areas and I hope you guys are as excited for the closed alpha as we are. We really added a lot of things to the DLC over these few years, that, at times, we complete forget about them, and we're really interested to see how you guys use and abuse them to kill our precious NPCs before we nerf everything into the ground.

Cheers.
More information.

"We really added a lot of things to the DLC over these few years, that, at times, we complete forget about them, and we're really interested to see how you guys use and abuse them to kill our precious NPCs before we nerf everything into the ground."

Will do, thanks Styg.

Time to replay this again but wonder if I should wait for the expansions release?:thinking:

I know I'm going to wait. Although I'm pretty sure I didn't get every nugget even with two complete plays, I'm waiting for all this extra content to be added first. Then the savouring shall commence!

Considering the expansion takes place mid-game, I don't see much of a reason to play Underrail prior to its release.

I really wanted to play and like this game, but shooting a rat 100 times to kill it (missing 90 of those shots), just burned me out. Even after using the internet to help choose the best stats. (I don't know if it has been patched, it's been years since I last tried).

Also, too many skills that we can't imagine how useful and how often they will be needed and efective during the game. And I hate to have to restart multiple times until i get a viable character build.

The original is on GoG for 5$ right now.

I really wanted to play and like this game, but shooting a rat 100 times to kill it (missing 90 of those shots), just burned me out. Even after using the internet to help choose the best stats. (I don't know if it has been patched, it's been years since I last tried).

Also, too many skills that we can't imagine how useful and how often they will be needed and efective during the game. And I hate to have to restart multiple times until i get a viable character build.

Didn't have such problems. I did not consult any guides before I started and went for a small guns/pistolero type char. It was harder in the beginning, but with some tactics (and a well placed-grenade) I had some satisfying wins with good loot early on. Then I got stronger fast. I also steal everything that's not nailed down (in itself some nice meta-gaming).

This game will be finished, when I'll be an Octogenarian walking with two sticks.

Didn't find stat allocation or combat unfair, but ultimately the game just got too grindy, and all the time walking back and forth didn't help.

Styg did a ton of things right, but the finished product is just too much of a sprawl.

I don't see what rules could have lead to that, but I played a sneak character, and didn't finished the game because last parts was a boredom to play with this character, despite along 80% if not 90% of the game this character was a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom