Dragon Age - Unboxing the Ultimate Collectors Edition

I wouldn't be surprised if this video was kind of an replay to this article:
http://www.destructoid.com/when-did-special-editions-stop-being-special?140401.phtml

the fellow's got a point. :)

Contrast that with some of the shit that thinks it deserves a special edition these days. I'm talking games like Two Worlds. Yes, Two Worlds ? arguably the worst RPG to be released this generation. This buggy, slapdash, badly written and poorly executed game has become a running joke among roleplaying gamers ever since it was released, and yet despite its low quality and status as a brand new IP, it had the nerve to spew up a holographic slipcase, a map, a pen & paper RPG book, and a bonus disc.
________
Amc Cavalier History

Last edited:
I really hope the sausage isn't spicy -- that stuff wreaks havoc on my stomach.

I suppose the cloth map would make a nice napkin, though.

Regardless of who made the video, the sausage joke didn't really work for most people.

Done well, phallic jokes can be very clever and damn funny. Does anybody else remember Chris Rock's cigar joke at The Emmy Awards during the Monica Lewinsky scandal? He set it up perfectly, and when he pulled out a big old stogie, the crowd roared. I nearly fell out of my seat, I laughed so hard.

This one not so much.

This video is definitely a hoax. Did none of you watch it through to the very end? After it displays the Dragon Age logo with the Marylin Manson music at the end, it splashes www.watchtheguild.com for half a second. For those who haven't watched it, the Guild is a group that does comedic web movies about video-gaming. This isn't real material from Bioware, and it's even signed by the people who actually made it.

It shouldnt take a 3 page discussion to come to this rather obvious conclusion.

also, just a friendly tip to RPGwatch, check your sources better. If a "official" video is posted on youtube but not on any of the major sites such as gamespot, ign etc, then its 100% certain its a hoax...

And then there's the fact that it's made to seem like a genuine video, which would be the point, wouldn't it? It's posted as genuine here and a video game news site is listed as its source (similar discussion over there, btw).

Isn't sarcasm saying (or in this case doing) something straight while thinking the opposite? No one can read minds, so it's up to the person expressing the sarcasm to make the sarcasm clear, IMO.

This video was short on clever and long on ambiguous. If you ask me it's the video maker's fault that it didn't go over well.

it had the nerve to spew up a holographic slipcase, a map, a pen & paper RPG book, and a bonus disc.

If I remember correctly, that RPG book only came with the international Collector's Edition.

Back
Top Bottom