Original Sin - Post-Funding Update #45, Delayed

Larian should take all the time they need to build an excellent game.

And D:OS should better be excellent; Belgium isn't far away so some of us could do a final acceptance test... :)

Also, the "after Kickstarter" snippets look great. You can see the added detail and general quality and sharpness the extra work brought to the table without even getting to how much more fleshed out the world is going to be!

Hugely happy about this.

Only thing I am not sure about is that disappearing effect… I think a simple standard semi transparency would be less immersion breaking? Might be better to limit its range a bit?
Perhaps its something I can get used to (probably, I am an adaptable creature) but it does seem a bit off at the moment.

Yup, I'm with the "take your time" crowd.

Larian has one helluva RPG epic on their hands. They should prioritize quality above all.

Also, the "after Kickstarter" snippets look great. You can see the added detail and general quality and sharpness the extra work brought to the table without even getting to how much more fleshed out the world is going to be!

Hugely happy about this.

Only thing I am not sure about is that disappearing effect… I think a simple standard semi transparency would be less immersion breaking? Might be better to limit its range a bit?
Perhaps its something I can get used to (probably, I am an adaptable creature) but it does seem a bit off at the moment.

Yup, noticed the same thing. That disappearance effect looks wacky and off-putting. Just make it transparent, instead of a strange looking disappearance effect.

I agree but then that is not always the case. Plenty of games get delayed, and still are a mess on launch day. Kinda defeats the purpose of saying that.

I have faith but you have to be realistic.:)
I know, but considering the bug problems with all the other Larian games, they need to show to the gamers they can do a polished game when a publisher isn't breathing down their necks to mess with things

Yup, noticed the same thing. That disappearance effect looks wacky and off-putting. Just make it transparent, instead of a strange looking disappearance effect.
Semi-transparent sounds like the way to go to me, too. Less transparent at the edges like a transparent gradient. (Well, actually letting us move the camera around sounds like the way to go to me but we're getting all retro with this game.)

Back
Top Bottom