Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ok, in all honesty, timer is starting to annoy the hell out of me.

I just went through a massive rant session because of hidden timer for Ekun's personal quest. It was absolutely ridiculous.

I was told Ekun went to hunt giants for revenge. I go to the location, help him out (really though, he could easily handle those by himself). Talk to him, he asks me to meet him to perform some ritual. On the way there, timer expires and I fail the quest. WTF? So I loaded up earlier save, burn my rations to get there earlier. Finished ritual. He asks me to come talk to him back at capital. On the way back, timer expires and quest fails. WTF? Seriously???

TLDR: I wasted 2 hours to juggle everything to finish his bloody quest before the timer expired. Now I am paranoid who else will leave me due to this stupid hidden timers.

That has to be a bug. It didn't happen in my game and I had plenty of time to get there for the ritual and back to the capital.

I hope you are right and it is a bug. I don't want to think other companion quests have hidden timers too. That is really going to make me rage.

I hope you are right and it is a bug. I don't want to think other companion quests have hidden timers too. That is really going to make me rage.

Well if you want to know which are timed -
Jubilost's "tournament" quest is probably timed as he warns you the fey won't wait forever, and Octavia and Regongar's is, too, the one where they meet you at the tavern. I'm not sure about the others. But I visited Ekun and found him, told him to not get revenge and then he said come back in a few days for a ritual, did that, and all was well.

So @azarhal;, what exactly are Combat Maneuvers? CMD and CMB, I think they're labeled. I noticed when I was stuck in a web that my characters were trying to use Grapple to get out. Does getting the teamwork feat Combat Maneuver Defense raise their ability to get through entanglements and things like that? And what about the offensive version of it? I checked the encyclopedia but it's not quite clear to me what exactly they do.

Is there any way to somehow dismiss projects? Or otherwise "ignore" then? I'm collecting too many of them. Everytime I complete one, two new projects pop up. Which makes it hard to navigate the list of projects.

Is there any way to somehow dismiss projects? Or otherwise "ignore" then? I'm collecting too many of them. Everytime I complete one, two new projects pop up. Which makes it hard to navigate the list of projects.

Did you notice that you can press the arrow keys to the left and right when selecting an event or project? That will scroll through them easily so you don't have to manually select each one. Maybe that will help.

Did you notice that you can press the arrow keys to the left and right when selecting an event or project? That will scroll through them easily so you don't have to manually select each one. Maybe that will help.

Good tip.
:lol: I tried WASD (works on the map), but never thought about arrows.

Good tip.
:lol: I tried WASD (works on the map), but never thought about arrows.

Hey, it took me forever to figure that out, too, so don't feel bad. :D Also, do you guys know how to use Arcane Bond - Object to refresh Wizard spells, or turn Priest spells to Cure spells? There's a little arrow above the spells on the hotbar you can click to do it. I literally just figured that out after 150+ hours with the game. :lol:

Next one: Do belt items lile "alchemist fire" benefit from an alchemists bomb feats, at least some of them (e.g., precise bombs)? Do they count as thrown weapons?

I kinda suppose not, because you could circumvent the bomb limit that way. On the other hand, so can mages with scrolls… so… ?

Next one: Do belt items lile "alchemist fire" benefit from an alchemists bomb feats, at least some of them (e.g., precise bombs)? Do they count as thrown weapons?

I kinda suppose not, because you could circumvent the bomb limit that way. On the other hand, so can mages with scrolls… so… ?

Hmm, I doubt it. Bombs are bombs, the special kind that Alchemists have are different. I guess they count as thrown weapons, but does the tooltip say it affects thrown weapons, too, or just bombs? I suppose not as well, but I'm not 100% sure as I don't have the tooltips in front of me. But as a side note, Alchemists are fun to use. I like their Discoveries a lot.

Me too. Currently thinking about rerolling as one

Oh... did you know that you can open not one but _two_ secret rooms in Jamandi's mansion (during the tutorial, the one where you manipulate the swords)?

Just discovered this by accident. All swords down AND all swords up, both opens different rooms.

Me too. Currently thinking about rerolling as one

Oh… did you know that you can open not one but _two_ secret rooms in Jamandi's mansion (during the tutorial, the one where you manipulate the swords)?

Just discovered this by accident. All swords down AND all swords up, both opens different rooms.

Yep, I just discovered it by accident too in my new Let's Play. Pretty cool! First time I only discovered one. I think I solved the puzzle by accident, too. :lol:

Be sure to bring linzi asap to the tournament, and be sure she speak to her npc before doign the events. Else its over for her personal quest, place is locked out.

Be sure to bring linzi asap to the tournament, and be sure she speak to her npc before doign the events. Else its over for her personal quest, place is locked out.

Jubilost tells you to take her, too, so you have a fair warning.

Jubilost quest too was lot of trouble, he never moved to the inn and its only possible the 24 of each month. Maybe its fixed now .

The fey tournament? I went pretty much a few days after and it worked fine for me, unless you're talking about a different quest.

In that case, I think I will definitely fail some of companion quests... Sigh I will reload much earlier save.

Is there timer on betrayer quest too?

So far I failed one companion quest I believe it was Linzi's. As I was working on a project to expand my Territory. Those usually take 12 days, and you can't cancel them.

I just reloaded an earlier save and problem solved.

Another problem I ran into is Harrim's first quest wont activate as part the troll quest line. Though the dialogue and options still happen so it's not a complete loss.

Just a reminder that quest should start right after you win your barony but it didn't. It's called Unwanted Legacy, and from what I read on Steam it bugs out sometimes.

I didn't do any of the companions quests since Varnhold quests because I decided to deal with main quests first (Vordakai and barbarian/Jamandi) so I'm extremely nervous anything might fail anytime.

Since there are nearly no throwing weapons in the game (at least up to chapter 4), I'd be interested to hear if any of you have found and used them. And where you have found them.

I think I saw some kind of shurikens somewhere (maybe in the Abandoned Keep), but I did not take them with me. I kinda suspect that throwing is not really implemented, based on the rarity of the respective items.

Back
Top Bottom