Shrek Retold

Lucky Day

Daywatch
Over 200 artists were commission to do a shot for shot remake of Shrek for some reason

Its premiering live now as I type

The original voice for Shrek was Chris Farley, but he had to pass for some reason, even after they started shooting. Someone should have told these animators - that would have been cool.

Shrek on KS? But... Why would it need crowdfunding?

Shrek on KS? But… Why would it need crowdfunding?

It was Shrek Retold. They asked for money to pay the artists to make a shot for shot remake. Apparently, this has been done before for other cartoons but this is by far the biggest one done.

I hope you like it. Sit back and enjoy.

Other news not related to this project. A real Shrek reboot is in the works.

Link - https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2460869/shrek-is-getting-its-own-reboot

Argh! But I hope they get Chris Farley for real this time.

I'm surprised Dreamworks hasn't filed a cease-and-desist. People make derivative works all the time and copyright holders can't do much about it. But someone recreating your movie, and raising funds to do it? That's a line I wouldn't think would get crossed.

I'm surprised Dreamworks hasn't filed a cease-and-desist. People make derivative works all the time and copyright holders can't do much about it. But someone recreating your movie, and raising funds to do it? That's a line I wouldn't think would get crossed.
Yeah, it seems to be not so legal, but the idea is cool. I don't think Kickstarter is an appropriate place for that, but where can they get money? Or do you think they shouldn't do that at all?

Back
Top Bottom