Endless Space 2 - Awakening Expansion Released - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Endless Space 2 - Awakening Expansion Released

Default Endless Space 2 - Awakening Expansion Released

September 16th, 2019, 11:10
@RockPaperShotgun A new expansion for Endless Space 2 has been released called Awakening.

Amplitude Studios may be working on a new Civ-ish 4X strategy game retelling human history, the recently-announced Humankind, but they're not out of wild and fanciful sci-fi histories either. Today they released a new Endless Space 2 expansion adding an interesting new faction named the Nakalim. They're a once-great empire who went dormant after their gods were killed and are now trying to secure their galactic position in anticipation of their gods returning. I do appreciate how Amplitude create factions who are more than your usual "they're Klingons - but bugs!" or "they're Borg - but less 90s!" Come meet the Nakalim.

loading…

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

September 16th, 2019, 17:20
And here I was hoping this one would awaken combat mode so this is actually a good game worth playing.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 17th, 2019, 04:11
It actually is a good STRATEGY game worth playing.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

September 19th, 2019, 21:29
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
And here I was hoping this one would awaken combat mode so this is actually a good game worth playing.
So none of the Paradox Games (CK, EU, et al) are worth playing either? There's plenty of gameplay systems in ES2 and plenty you can do to influence combat. Putting in a full blown combat system necessarily reduces the focus on other things (see: The Age of Wonders games)

JFarrell71

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

September 19th, 2019, 21:43
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
So none of the Paradox Games (CK, EU, et al) are worth playing either? There's plenty of gameplay systems in ES2 and plenty you can do to influence combat. Putting in a full blown combat system necessarily reduces the focus on other things (see: The Age of Wonders games)
Endless Space had passable combat, Endless Legend very nice combat. Endless Space 2 has almost non existent combat. Don't bring a completely different company with range of very different products into this.
I am sorry if I was expecting Endless Space 2 to continue and bring even better combat..

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Endless Space 2 - Awakening Expansion Released