Phoenix Point - Legacy of the Ancients DLC Overview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Scarlet Seeker has done an overview of what to expect from Phoenix Point DLC Legacy of the Ancients.

Phoenix Point: Legacy of the Ancients DLC 2 is the new game we are looking at today with an Overview/Review of what it is and how its gameplay plays. First we will review the need to know basics of Phoenix Point: Legacy of the Ancients DLC 2 before jumping into deeper gameplay impressions. Legacy of the Ancients delves into the secrets of the Antediluvian Civilization that predated modern humans on Earth. Explore ancient ruins for precursor knowledge, and use it to unlock a whole new line of Phoenix Point weapons and technologies. But beware: the Ancients left powerful guardians to watch over their secrets; you won't be the only one seeking to control this ancient knowledge. New rivals will rise up as the legacy of the ancients is revealed to humanity.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

"You might not know about this game" he says...

Ask the people who backed this game with Gollops last minute bait and switch. After that, most people who play these type of games and even those who don't had heard of it.

Still the best modernized combat system to date in a sci-fi turn-based game. The ancients trailer with that ballsy mechanoid looks completely laughable. Still the combat system is so good: shows that Julian has his main skill in designing combat + UI.
However the inventory and item usage should be in the style of XCOM: UFO DEFENSE along with an extra Utility Action Point System = spendable on readying grenades, using 'health potions' & stamina boosters + combat drugs stuff.
XPIRATEZ and The X-Com Files will remain living proof of this fact.

Someone must create a hi-resolution version of these latter two. I had the idea to write a color-upmixer engine, where all 320x200 current res XCOM graphics is upgraded to high resolutions and at the new engine's heart is the color-upmixing algorithm that can create 64K colors from 256. There are already exist Photoshop plugins for expert "low-res image enlarging" without loss of detail. Imagine an AI-increased XCOM soldier having a new, upmixed body to a 150x300px sprites - all pixels sharp a beautiful - instead of its current ~18x34px.
Same with the map graphics. Upgraded and having a slight pixelated effect, AKA the new System Shock.

Last edited:
Upscaling 320x200 px & 256 colors to modern monitors sounds like a horrible idea. The result would likely look catastrophic.

Last time I read about this came, it was buggy and bad. Has someone played it recently? Is it any good now? Or should one wait until all DLCs have been released?

Upscaling 320x200 px & 256 colors to modern monitors sounds like a horrible idea. The result would likely look catastrophic.

Last time I read about this came, it was buggy and bad. Has someone played it recently? Is it any good now? Or should one wait until all DLCs have been released?

I have played it a lot. It is very good now.

I got excited when I read Legacy of the Ancients, then saw the Phoenix Point junk in front of it. I'd love to see a remake of the EA classic.

Seems the Steam release is getting nearer for those that hate Epic.

Phoenix Point Year One Edition - Announced

Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is the definitive version of the acclaimed strategy game from the creator of X-COM, collecting all previous DLC now available for wishlisting on Steam!

Back
Top Bottom