WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Class Guides

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Redglyph

SasqWatch
1. Classes and archetypes

The release version has 25 classes, each of which has 6 or 7 archetypes for a total of 161 archetypes.

Then there are 13 prestige classes.

It's a huge selection, which doesn't make for an easy choice at character creation :)

Fextralife is known for their reviews and guides, especially on Youtube where they explore a lot of classes and multiclasses of well-known RPGs; I think there are more than 50 videos for Divinity: Original Sin 2. They also did a few for Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Those guides are interesting because they present a good summary of all the possibilities, including some precious pieces of advice.

On their website, there is apparently a quite complete class guide that includes the current archetypes and the prestige classes.

Mortismal Gaming is less known at the moment but he also covers many RPGs including classic ones, for example he has a series on the story of Kingmaker. He also releases his "100% review" videos which are pretty interesting.

Now that the beta of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is released, they are tackling this game as well! Which is good because, with all the classes and archetypes, character creation can be a long task! :lol:

Updates after beta 2 are linked as "(2)" below, they only contain additional info. And since beta 3 added even more archetypes, new videos are linked with "(3)".

Detailed videos (by Mortismal Gaming):
Alchemist, Arcansist (2), Barbarian (2), Bard, Bloodrager (2) (3)

Detailed videos:
Cavalier (3), Cleric (2), Druid (2) (3), Fighter (2), Hunter (3)

Detailed videos:
Inquisitor (3), Kineticist (2), Magus (2), Monk (2), Oracle (2) (3)

Detailed videos:
Paladin (2) (3), Ranger (2), Rogue (2), Shaman (2) (3), Skald (3)

Detailed videos:
Slayer (2), Sorcerer (2) (3), Warpriest, Witch (3), Wizard (3)

2. Prestige classes

An overview of the prestige classes by Mortismal Gaming:

Detailed videos:
Duelist, Mystic Theurge, Hellknight, Hellknight Signifer, Assassin
Eldritch Knight, Stalwart Defender, Student of War, Arcane Trickster, Dragon Disciple
Aldori Swordlord, Winter Witch

Note: d20PFSRD is also a good reference tool, though I've been told the Archives of Nethys was a more accurate one since made in collaboration with Paizo.

There are many offline documents that can be downloaded from d20PFSRD here - bear in mind that the two Pathfinder games use the 1st edition of Pathfinder, and that there are differences (mythic paths, archetypes and prestige classes coming from different add-ons). For example, the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Reference Document may be a good substitute if you don't own the Core Rulebook.

2. Difficult classes

Last edited:
Awesome - thanks for sharing Redglyph! :)

I'm thinking of bloodrager run as my 4th character after the release so might be a good idea to watch their video :) Still confused how arcanist work as well!

I'm thinking of bloodrager run as my 4th character after the release so might be a good idea to watch their video :) Still confused how arcanist work as well!
Bloodrager, that sounds like a delicate balance of ability scores, but quite wild if done right!
Bloodriders can use mounts too, apparently, like the Cavaliers, do you know if those mounts are already functional? I'm really curious to see that.

lol, as you see, I'm still confused about most of them…

And sorry, they haven't done Warpriest yet ;)

There you are, the last video is available, which concludes their overview! :)

They're going to make more detailed videos for each individual class during the next few months, but that'll be a slow process of course.

They also mention their wiki. Perhaps we could, when it becomes more mature, keep a sticky with interesting resources? I'm already giving a few links here, even though it should not be the place to do so:
  • d20PFSRD, a good reference of the rules, races, classes, monsters, etc. I spotted a few differences with the game, but they are minor (maybe they are little bugs or maybe Owlcat made adjustements).
  • PathfinderWiki, more to be used for the lore, it's related to the books for the P&P campaigns. There's a link to a guide you can have for free if you register on Paizo's website. There might be differences with Owlcat's implementation, I haven't read it but it looks like a nice intro to the settings.
  • Fextralife's wiki

Meh I always cheat so classes hardly matter to me. Fond memorizes of giving my sorcerer unlimited spells in NWN2. Anyway I play mostly for the story in these games.

Still thanks for sharing them.:biggrin:

PS: I'm more excited about their next TB Scfi RPG.

Awesome - thanks for sharing Redglyph! :)

I'm playing as a Bloodrager. Currently mostly using him as a berserker, but I think he will get more interesting abilities soon.

Meh I always cheat so classes hardly matter to me. Fond memorizes of giving my sorcerer unlimited spells in NWN2. Anyway I play mostly for the story in these games.

Still thanks for sharing them.:biggrin:

PS: I'm more excited about their next TB Scfi RPG.
If you like the story, you shouldn't be disappointed :)

Oh yes, I hope they give us some news about this sci-fi title soon, really curious about that!

I'm playing as a Bloodrager. Currently mostly using him as a berserker, but I think he will get more interesting abilities soon.
Out of curiosity, how did you balance your abilities? Isn't that spread too thin between charisma, strength, constitution, ...?

Out of curiosity, how did you balance your abilities? Isn't that spread too thin between charisma, strength, constitution, …?

I am not an expert at all, but this is my build.
I've basically dumped Wisdom to make it work for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-09 171703.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-09 171703.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 123
Is bloodrager spells based on CHA, not INT? Just asking since you have higher CHA.

I think that's what it said :D
I hope so…

Yes, it's funny how some arcane classes have an archetype with an alternative main ability. I think it's not the case of bloodrager though. Well, you still managed to save some intelligence just in case ;)

But I don't know about dexterity for this class, I suppose that if you're not into ranged weapons, it's mainly used to boost the AC if you don't like armour, and get some decent saving throws.

And the bloodlines! There seem to be as many as cleric domains, that must take some time to choose from :D

Yes, it's funny how some arcane classes have an archetype with an alternative main ability. I think it's not the case of bloodrager though. Well, you still managed to save some intelligence just in case ;)

But I don't know about dexterity for this class, I suppose that if you're not into ranged weapons, it's mainly used to boost the AC if you don't like armour, and get some decent saving throws.

And the bloodlines! There seem to be as many as cleric domains, that must take some time to choose from :D

I just had a look at char creation again and it does suggest charisma for the Blood/Greenrager.

So I should be fine I think.

I don't care about dexterity since I'm planning on wearing medium armour anyway which should give me about the same type of AC.

I just had a look at char creation again and it does suggest charisma for the Blood/Greenrager.

So I should be fine I think.
Sorry, I didn't mean there was a doubt on that. I mean that INT is still interesting for the number of skills one gets at level-up and other things, and you managed to salvage enough of it :)

That'd be easier if they had an INT archetype, but I believe charisma has other advantages as well (I should do some reading-up on that, I'm a bit rusty).

It's definitely an interesting class, one of those I'd like to try, but it doesn't make sense to change before level 10 or so, I guess. So I'll keep my cleric for now, I still have to discover what he's capable of.

Mortismal Gaming is starting a class guide series, so I'm adding links for the individual classes under the overviews. Hopefully that won't get too messy :p

He has started with Alchemist, which seems an interesting class but I've never really looked into it (perhaps Jubilost was not in the party often enough to spark my interest, for some reason).

That's it for the class and archetype videos, next Mortismal Gaming will tackle the prestige classes. I've neglected those in Pathfinder, I'm ashamed to say. Maybe for the next run :)

Back
Top Bottom