The Waylanders - Delayed to Feb 2nd, 2022

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Gato Studio announced that the release date of The Waylanders was pushed back. In June, the game had already been delayed to Fall 2021.

New release date: February 2, 2022

Dear The Waylanders fans,

We've made the decision to delay the launch of The Waylanders to February 2, 2022.

Releasing this month as we'd planned would not provide the quality experience our fans deserve. While we have been working hard to get all our backers and Early Access players the RPG they'd been hoping for before the holidays, we've done an internal review pass on The Waylanders and our team needs more time to polish the game.

Developing during Covid has been challenging for many teams, including ours, and rushing The Waylanders out the door after nearly four years of development will not make anyone happy.

To help tide players over until the new release date, The Waylanders Early Access build will receive new updates, improving several currently available areas of the game, such as The Cave of Eternity and the Fomorian World in The Corrupted Cove. The update will also add remaining text localization for multiple Celtic era quests and fix community reported bugs.

The Waylanders will have over two hours of cinematics and more than thirty hours of gameplay, and we want to provide the best possible version of this story to all of you.

Thanks for your invaluable support and patience.

More information.

Oh no I'm shocked I tell ya say it isn't so...Nah who cares it's only a few months.:biggrin:

Funny,I don't know why but I always thought it would be released in 2022. I never realized it could/would be released later this year.

So when will Logic Artists announce Expeditions: Rome is delayed to 2022 as well?

I'm okay with delays, get the product right and don't release it half-baked, as seems to be the wont these days. Release a nice, non-broken inviting game, and the masses will show up to enjoy it!

I use to think that way as well but nah not all the time. :(

So yeah if a game is delayed once maybe it's for the best, but multiple delays sometime is a warning sign. Solution is don't announce your game or tentative release to early.

This review is interesting. And not surprising.
I can 100% agree with that review, Players should expect to be let down. The game sounded good on paper but a small budget and other factors play a negative role.

Another funded RPG called Exoplanet: First Contact has the same problems.

daveyd said:
This review is interesting. And not surprising.

I can 100% agree with that review, Players should expect to be let down. The game sounded good on paper but a small budget and other factors play a negative role.

I expect problems in the game, especially with that combat system. But some passages of the review doesnt sound credible to me.
- It seems that he played the combat as ARPG. It that case it could be believable that the targeting is problematic and not on the level he expected. I think that combat system was mainly build as tactical and expect using pause. That doesnt mean that its fine as it is but it seems he wanted to play it fast while its not ready for that in EA.
- That paragraph about all characters being sassy doesnt sound compelling. It reminded me something I read about some game from Spiders and then when I played the game myself I found out that its utter bs. (that person just skipped dialogue or didnt grasp basic things) It seems he was just irritated by some female character.

So I expect problems (the game was several times delayed, right?) but I wouldnt 100% agree with that review. My two cents.

BTW our interview about Waylanders for those who forget. :)

I expect problems in the game, especially with that combat system. But some passages of the review doesnt sound credible to me.
- It seems that he played the combat as ARPG. It that case it could be believable that the targeting is problematic and not on the level he expected. I think that combat system was mainly build as tactical and expect using pause. That doesnt mean that its fine as it is but it seems he wanted to play it fast while its not ready for that in EA.
- That paragraph about all characters being sassy doesnt sound compelling. It reminded me something I read about some game from Spiders and then when I played the game myself I found out that its utter bs. (that person just skipped dialogue or didnt grasp basic things) It seems he was just irritated by some female character.

So I expect problems (the game was several times delayed, right?) but I wouldnt 100% agree with that review. My two cents.

BTW our interview about Waylanders for those who forget. :)

Fair enough. I haven't played the game and frankly have no desire to. Still waiting them for them to finish their previous Kickstarter game though, (which I thoroughly regret backing).

The part of the review I found most interesting was his observation that many of the recent positive reviews are from accounts from the same area as the developers. This is not even the first time I've seen the insinuation that the developer may be having staff post positive reviews. This developer has a history of dishonesty, so the accusation seems quite plausible to me.

I was more interested in @wolfgrimdark;'s impression which wasn't too positive (IIRC) - so I practically lost all interest in this game.

Yea I own the game and have played it long enough to get feel for it. I didn't care for how sassy (as someone put it) the characters were. It often broke the 4th wall, so to speak, for me. Some might enjoy it. I got used to it after a while but it wasn't a compelling feature for me.

I wasn't really into the combat, how looting was done, and the general feel which is hard to explain. It didn't feel like the kind of RPG I tend to like. It had an almost ... hmm ... arcade-like-game feeling.

I plan on giving it another try when released though as I do own it and there were some things I liked about it - like a werewolf race for one and I liked the overall concept of the story. It may feel more polished and engaging once done although doubt the voice overs and dialogue will ever change that much.

I was about to ask what others think about it, because those small games - I never know if I will like them or not.
But it seems like it will just add to my depression - this studio even managed to create a playable 3d game and still it does seem like not good enough.
and the other mentioned game: Exoplanet: First Contact was aswell on my radar - so that one is far away from finishing aswell?
I really don't want to play Skyrim anymore…

Yea I own the game and have played it long enough to get feel for it. I didn't care for how sassy (as someone put it) the characters were. It often broke the 4th wall, so to speak, for me.

So you confirm "too much or too many" sassy characters?

This is another bunch I think are full of it. I very much doubt this will be up to much.

Back
Top Bottom