The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I guess you meant Coal chamber and not Cold chamber.

I think the runs there get pretty hot with Cm or Corwin in the group. Steam chamber is probably a better name thinking about how certain guildies are steaming in frustration every time they fall down in the shafts. :p

Cm actually stopped playing half-orcs because of this quest. It was almost impossible for her big TR'ed half-orc to climb those shafts without falling down.

My Friday toon cleric has now completed Korthos and the harbor solos. He's ready to do the level 2 harbor quests on elite and will be parked until we start the alternate Friday toon runs.

I did mean Coal Chamber, thanks. :)

My new Friday toon has completed everything except misery peak, which she'll do today or tomorrow. So she'll be ready for when we want to run them.

Warfrogs are almost as bad as H-orcs in there as well. Basically any quest with protrusions from the walls and narrow, winding walkways, of which there are thankfully few, are a problem for the bigger models. I'd imagine a PDK, which has a H-orc's model with a human face, is the same.

Mirys will be my last H-orc, that's for certain. TBH, I'll likely TR her (back into Druid caster) just to get rid of the race. Give the lack of use of NW for a caster (or, well any Druid, including melee), I'll probably go Human for Dragonmarks and GH clicky (D-door and Teleport are useful, if not mind-shatteringly required) or Elf for Displacement.

Cool, thank you ! :)

Thank you. :)

Update is up and game is running. Check the release notes. Any Epic Destiny they made changes to you will have to reset your points in that Destiny.

FYI, some folks are having problems with the update patch installing itself … I did: It would get everything downloaded successfully, then fail at the installation, saying it couldn't save the data files, & go into an endless loop of retrying 60 times, then starting over.

However, after nearly three hours it has finally installed. So I'm not sure what the problem was. I'd let it loop for a while, then kill it & start over. After about the 8th or 10th restart (I lost count), it finally did not fail at all & finished the installation. Now I need to uninstall the darn Akamai client.

Oh, there is a lovely new clicky in Unyielding Sentinel which gives mass energy resistance +35 to all party members and only costs 75 spell points, which is not bad if you have to do the whole party. Should be really popular in the Shroud. Of course, you still have to have spell points to use it.

Of course, I can see it now … you ask to join an LFM, & they want to know if you have the clicky before they will let you in ….

And, finally, the epic Gianthold Ruins map is fixed. No more fog of war. YAY!!!

Artifcer Battle Engineer Capstone Breaks Infused Armor Enhancements

The Artificer Battle Engineer capstone appears to be breaking the two Infused Armor core enhancements, which are supposed to provide 5 PRR each, for a total of 10 PRR. The capstone is also supposed to add a +1 enhancement bonus to armor. Instead, when the capstone is applied, the PRR from the enhancements disappears, and the additional armor enhancement supposed to be provided by the capstone is also not applied.

When I noticed it last night (the Battle Engineer bonus doesn't show up in the armor description when it's equipped with a rune arm equipped), I went ahead & reset the Battle Engineer tree and applied the enhancements one-by-one, watching both the armor description and the PRR value in the character sheet. As I progressed up the core enhancements, the Infused Armor bonuses were properly applied. As soon as I applied the capstone, the Infused Armor bonuses disappeared on the armor description and the PRR value immediately dropped by 10. No armor enhancement was applied.

I posted on the DDO forums, and apparently this has been around since the enhancements pass, & I just never noticed. Apparently no one had correlated the capstone to the bug, just that the bonuses were gone. However, a dev posted that he had seen it, so maybe they'll do something about it in 6 months or so … about how long as it took to fix the AA capstone.

I have bug reported it.

Sorry, folks, been a crazy week-n-a-half.

Nigh be-eth ye auld planne, dammit:

- Our primary option every Friday will be to run our current toons (the 18s) until they can progress no longer. If everyone shows, that's what we run. No muss, no fuss, end of debate. We do have some level considerations to think about, more on that in a week or two.

- Each of us should maintain at least one epic toon (in addition to the 18's when they make epic). It's fairly easy to mix and match since level differences and favor and quest status don't matter all that much in epic. This will be used as a secondary option for Fridays when we don't have everyone available. I prefer to think of it as a non-option option, but my feelings on epic toons are fairly well-known at this point and I'm fine with being outvoted.

- We are putting together another group of Friday toons. This group will be used as the real secondary option for when we don't have 100% attendance. Since low level quests are fairly easy to solo/short-man, we won't have to keep these toons in lockstep like we do on the 18s. If we end up running these, I'll keep track of which quests we run and it will be the responsibility of the missing to get caught up if they want/need to. Since our first option will always be the 18's, I would generally expect the people would have at least a couple weeks to catch up if they've missed some quests. Since these toons will not be linked together in concrete, there's actually no need for us to be level nazis. Generally speaking, my toon (3rd lifer, no tomes, no pots, no PUG) will probably be bringing up the rear XP-wise, so (unless someone else trails me, which I'll coordinate) my toon will be the vanguard as far as when we take levels. I'll be taking my level based on the content run, with consideration to where everyone else is at. Generally speaking, I will not be holding levels with this toon. Sooooo, once everyone has gotten thru Korthos and the solos, we'll be looking at level 2 content. That means we can be toon level 4 without breaking streak since everything will be run on elite. We're all adults here and we all understand the game mechanics, so here's the deal. For this group of toons, I don't give two hoots what everyone runs and how quickly they level. Position your character to run level 2 content. If you want to run every level 2 quest on your own today, go right ahead, with the knowledge that you'll be repeating quests with the rest of us. If you want to advance to toon level 4 today, go right ahead with the knowledge that you'll eventually be running for 0 XP until El Heffe here says that we're moving on to level 3 content. I will probably not run this group thru every single quest in the game. We'll decide as a group if there's something that we really want to run. Beyond that, it's up to my random whim. If someone wants to have their compendium in solid red today for favor farming or plain old OCD, go right ahead, with the knowledge that you'll be stuck on the ceiling from all the XP you'll rack up. As pointed out by Az many times, Turbine fragmented their player base with the bravery streak mechanism and I think this is the easiest way to claw some flexibility back. If someone takes their level too soon, you'd better hope for 100% attendance or else you'll have a lonely Friday while the rest of us run. There's absolutely no reason it should come to that, though. We'll stay together loosely and probably focus on chains when we're running together.

Last edited:
This is fine with me.

At the moment my fighter has ETR'ed again and down to level 21. He can run anything epic. Well, almost.

My cleric is at level 3 (just into) having completed Korthos + solos. He's just where he needs to be to run the low level stuff.

Perfect summation Dte. Sounds like the big book just gained a new chapter. How much does that thing weigh now? :deal: I know, I know....shut up or you will :slap:

Apparently, we are not the only ones noting the 'blocked' problems with Spellwards. Seems like many are having issues with most of the poorly designed things.

What's new? And y'all wonder why I've pretty much stopped playing a trapper.

I'm afraid I'm out this week. Sorry.

Let me know if y'all decide to run the lowbies so I can try to stay on pace.

That's unfortunate. Please remember to email Cm a copy of the Big Book so she can take over your duties for this week!! :)

Back
Top Bottom