KoA: Reckoning - What We Know @ Gamefront

aries100

SasqWatch
Gamefront has made a three page feature article about what we know about this game.
It is a nice reference to have, although those who have played the demo or followed the game on the web probably won't learn much new. Still, a sampling about the gameworld:
The world of Amalur is very large (see map). So large, in fact, that its beginnings as an MMO are pretty plain. Nevertheless, Reckoning is confined to just five regions:
•Plains of Erathell: Vaguely reminiscent of the African Savannah, the Plains provide varied terrain and a number of magical loci. Dominated by Skycrown mountain, and the city of Rathir in the region’s northeast corner.
•Dalentarth: A classic “enchanted forest.” Dense, green, and full of mystical beasts. Hidden deep within are the secretive Gardens of Ysa and the giant tree Nyralim the Unbreaking.
•Detyre: A sun-baked desert region, full of reddened mesas, cacti, and valuable minerals. The Gnomes, in search of this geological bounty, have a grand city at Adessa.
•Alabastra: Strange and fantastical, Alabastra is difficult to traverse thanks to its rocky terrain and profusion of crystalline trees. Bhaile, it’s main city, once contained the court of the Winter Fae (see below).
•Klurikon: Another magical forest, also inhabited by the Winter Fae. Dominated by Mel Senshir, an ancient, supposedly impenetrable fortress.
More information.

Wife had an Amazon coupon that was expiring, so I picked this up last night on preorder. I've got DSL so it's probably just now done downloading. I should get to mess around with it for a bit tonight though. I'm still pretty addicted to Skyrim, so I'm not sure how long it'll hold my interest.

hehe.

I started my download before leaving for work this morning. Gonna play a bit tonight. I also restarted playing Skyrim after installing a bunch of mods.

Hahaha, the facial expressions and gesture animations in conversations can be hilarious. I love how emotions like surprise get frozen on an NPCs face until you chose another dialog option and how sometimes they accidentally assigned the laughter animation to lines that are supposed to be serious and melancholy.

I bought the box but internet is required to activate and my Internet is down. According to what the tech told my wife, all of Frontier.net in Michigan is down.
Crap!! Oh well, I will just let you guys tell me how it is until it is back up.

Back
Top Bottom