No Man's Sky definetly on PC

Interesting, it says no online connection required to play. I guess you don't have to upload the stuff you named to the big, wide world.

I don't know about this game. I really see no way that this game can keep my interest up for more than 1-2 hours, during which I will probably see how all the systems work. I seriously doubt they can randomly generate worthwhile content. At best they can generate slight variations of planet surface, rocks, trees, creatures from a certain pool. And add variations to those. That would make up the 3D world.

I then ask, what is the driving force behind playing the game? They said there's no narrative thread (except for the story you tell yourself). From what I hear the overall goal is to find the center of the universe? But can that goal alone (which will probably take a long time) keep you hooked? I mean, what else are you doing in the mean time? Jumping from planet to planet, harvesting resources, upgrading your systems and just going over weirdly similar planet to weirdly similar planet?

This sort of game is a recipe for becoming a way too systemic and repetitive game. But all that considered, I am excited to see the first playthroughs. I'm curious about it. But I don't think they can deliver. Just the fact that its kept so under wraps so close to release. We've barely seen any gameplay. And just now did they let journalists get 30 mins into it. Considering the randomness the game supposedly has, that's nothing. If your systems are really that good, why not do a 2-3 hour demo showing how wild and awesome your random generators are. I fear they're keeping so under wraps because it's so systemic and repetitive. And they don't want people to see the repetitiveness. Anyway, we'll see. I hope I'll my own words. But I doubt it.

I've posted a while back this game can turn out to be one of best things that ever appeared in the industry or plain bullshit.
It's one of those better safe than sorry, so say no to preordering and wait for some input on it's release.

See, now, this is why I insist on an offline mode…
No, this is why we must pre-order and take a few days off when the game shows up! We must battle the penis namers! The not-we will tell you that there are too many of them, that thinking up non-sexual, non-drug-related names is too difficult, that it just can't be done. But I tell you: YES WE CAN!

(This message brought to you by the Buy That Cheapskate Zloth a Copy of No Man's Sky Committee.)

“When we held the first semi-open beta for the game, I was pretty optimistic until I came across Cocktopia,” said Sean Murray, managing director, “It only got worse when I actually landed on Cocktopia and discovered an animal named Dicksucker33. Apparently, Dicksucker1 to Dicksucker32 were already taken.”
If everyone will see what name you put on something… And there is no censoring… :evilgrin:

Oh I want this game, desperately!

Hmm, I guess this gives some kind of clue on what kind of people plays MMO's ?

Hmm, I guess this gives some kind of clue on what kind of people plays MMO's ?

They are no different then people playing any other games. Guys over 30 with the mental age of 10 years old can be found anywhere in your town just as easily. You don't need a MMO for that.

They are no different then people playing any other games. Guys over 30 with the mental age of 10 years old can be found anywhere in your town just as easily. You don't need a MMO for that.

Yes, but the ones in the town can't find me! In an MMO you announce your presence to them!

Honestly I don't see the appeal. I don't need an 'epic, dark and gritty story' to play a game, but I do need defined goals and objectives, other than 'whatever you want'. Sounds like the game might be fun for a day, where you get to explore the first few planets, but after that, what makes 'today' different than 'tomorrow'?

Defined goal and objective: fill up my hard drive with screenshots!

Given how much fun I had just exploring the world in Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'm expecting to have a total ball in No Man's Sky.

An offline mode means I might actually buy this. I'll probably wait to see what friends think of it first though, still looks kinda wonky to me.

I've never been a fan of randomly generated content and didn't they state that its not going to have a compelling storyline. I'm certainly not going to get it early but if it gets raving reviews from normal users I may try it in time.

There's a whole lot of 'new' on this one. Waiting for reviews is definitely a smart thing.

Back
Top Bottom