Rune: Ragnarok - Another Combat Glimpse

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Another glimpse at the combat in Rune: Ragnarok.

Last week, Human Head Studios released a teaser video for Rune: Ragnarok that gave us a glimpse at its combat mechanics. And yesterday, the team released another video, featuring some more gameplay footage. This second video also focuses on the game’s combat mechanics, and showing some additional decapitations.

[...]

More information.

How did he decapitate the first guy with a vertical strike?
I hope the final game won't be ridiculous in that you hit someone's toe and the head bursts (I'm looking at you, Fallout 3-4...).

I hope the final game won't be ridiculous in that you hit someone's toe and the head bursts (I'm looking at you, Fallout 3-4…).

To be fair, the scene is whited out for several seconds after he lands and before the decapitation. You can't really see the decapitation stroke. The second decapitation looks legit enough.

- "RaiIUUUIIEEEUuWWRII!!" HAHAHA :DDD I am so ignoRaTn viking I just take one bite out of my favorite RAT and throw it away and SLASH YOUR HEAD:

- "RaiIUUUIIEEEUuWWRII!!" My Emotional Support Pet is the The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog and when I swoop near bushes I become The Knights Who Say "Ni!"!

- "RaiIUUUIIEEEUuWWRII!!"

....Wait! I have to scratch my viking crotch:

- "RaiIUUUIIEEEUuWWRII!!"

I hope the final game won't be ridiculous in that you hit someone's toe and the head bursts (I'm looking at you, Fallout 3-4…).

You, clearly, have never leapt from above with the intent to decimate a foe in real life. It's all in the wrist. =)

It doesn’t look like there is a lock on feature like in Dark Souls/Witcher. It looks more like that terrible flailing about the Elder Scrolls tries to pass off as combat. I hope this improves, I originally thought the game looked promising.

Looks like they were inspired by Bethesda melee system. : shudders
There is little good to find here, this is disappointing. And Prey II looked so promising in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom