BattleTech - Combat Strategy Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A recent Battletech stream focused on combat strategy.

Cknoor, Jordan, and Connor go through some of the essentials of BattleTech combat. Warning: There is a lot of talking about basics in this video!

Learn more and Pre-Order: store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/

Take command of your own mercenary outfit of `Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war.

Upgrade your starfaring base of operations, negotiate mercenary contracts with feudal lords, repair and maintain your stable of aging BattleMechs, and execute devastating combat tactics to defeat your enemies on the battlefield.
More information.

Last edited:
Afaik, the HG lawsuit is still open, but all signs look like it will be dismissed, maybe even with prejudice. Still, no Unseen mechs for release.

They said they will announce the release date one month in advance. So it looks like it will be towards the end of April... ;-(

Looks cool.

Btw. the Link in the text seems to be broken.

They said they will announce the release date one month in advance. So it looks like it will be towards the end of April… ;-(

Most retail sites are showing April 30 for release. From most interviews and info I have seen I suspect that they would like to have more time to work on it but need to ship to make $$$$. I Expect to see additional features added after release.

Afaik, the HG lawsuit is still open, but all signs look like it will be dismissed, maybe even with prejudice. Still, no Unseen mechs for release.

They said they will announce the release date one month in advance. So it looks like it will be towards the end of April… ;-(
Thanks for the info Darkheart as I wondering what happened to the lawsuit.:highfive:

Most retail sites are showing April 30 for release.
All they have said is "April" so the sites are saying the 30th to be safe.

Most retail sites are showing April 30 for release. From most interviews and info I have seen I suspect that they would like to have more time to work on it but need to ship to make $$$$. I Expect to see additional features added after release.

The merc campaign (SP) has top priority.
Although, there is a list somewhere what will be added after release. Among that multiplayer and cameos of Battletech celebs in the SP campaign. No big deal for me.

The SP campaign is all that I am interested in too, and since I KS it I already have it.
The release is not a big deal as spring gets busy on the farm so it will have a couple of months to patch up before I have time to play.

Ditto re: SP. I hope they don't keep releasing DLC for years afterwards, like XCOM2.

Looking at these videos rings alarm bells to me: the screen is so wide with so much information all over it, which means that this game would require a high resolution monitor to display all this information. This then means that I can't play it on my laptop!

This is my most anticipated this year, ticks a lot of the right boxes. I'm trying not to watch to much of any videos to avoid spoling myself, but what I've seen is looking really good.

Last edited:
This is my most anticipated this year, ticks a lot of the right boxes. Iäm trying not to watch to much of any videos to avoid spoling myself, but what I've seen is looking really good.
It's ok though, all the videos are about the tactical combat part, nothing about the story or anything.

It's ok though, all the videos are about the tactical combat part, nothing about the story or anything.

Well, I don't want to spoil the tactical combat too much either. That's the most important part and going in semi-blind makes it more interesting to learn. ;)

COHHH Carnage has been handed down a version three weeks ahead of release, it is streamed. Gives an idea on the product.

Yeah I'm not interested in all about the multi-player functions, but I'm going to be all over the single player version. Not likely on day one though, I suspect this puppy will need the usually flurry of patches before the brewing is done.

Yeah I'm not interested in all about the multi-player functions, but I'm going to be all over the single player version. Not likely on day one though, I suspect this puppy will need the usually flurry of patches before the brewing is done.

I'll be playing from day 1. I'll have to wait with either this or PoE2, and going by earlier experiences PoE2 will gain more from being put on hold until a couple of patches have been released.

Splendid material for streamers. Lengthy resolution time, plenty to perform a show, plenty of content to reveal, adequate level of difficulty.

Great product for streamers.

Back
Top Bottom