NWN2 MotB: Fragmented Soul Nowhere to Be Found

Neverwinter Nights 2

Rills

Sentinel
I installed all the the patches for Mask of the Betrayer before playing. Upon completing the Mephit Puzzle at the Academy the teacher (can't remember the name) at the blackboard discusses the fact that I have it. The Journal states that I have it. But nowhere is the Fragmented Soul in my inventory or any party member's inventory. This puzzle was completed early in this chapter.

I have completed all other things that can be done at this point. When I went to the door in the Headmistress' Tower the game said I was still missing an orb -- the Fragmented one. I read walkthroughs as well as doing other researching on how to find the Fragmented Soul but I can't find it anywhere. I went up and down the Classroom section of the Academy. Checked every highllighted item on this floor at least five times but the Fragmented Soul is missing.

So I searched for DebugMode Commands and Thieves.net said nx1_e_orb_fragmented should place it in my inventory. The problem is it doesn't work. It is not recognized as legitimate command

Now I do save many times throughout the game but as I said this puzzle was tackled earlier and I don't have a save far enough back.

Anyone have a command or overrride in order for me to move on? If not I won't be starting over -- too many hours invested already.

Thanks!

Probably not the case, but did you actually take the soul from the pillar in the room before mephits? Maybe the journal/teacher only checks for successful completion of the puzzle and doesn´t take into account whether you actually picked up the soul or not.

Never had an issue like that. Might want to try over at the official Obsidian/NWN2 forums.

So I searched for DebugMode Commands and Thieves.net said nx1_e_orb_fragmented should place it in my inventory. The problem is it doesn't work. It is not recognized as legitimate command
Are you sure you used those commands right?
It should be:
DebugMode 1
giveitem nx1_e_orb_fragmented
DebugMode 0

Sorry for such a delayed response. The issue was eventually resolved but why and how it was resolved is beyond me. Long Story short I reloaded every saved game I had after resolving the mephit puzzle but no fragmented soul. Then I decided to load my most recent save — again and lo and behold the pedastal that held the fragmented soul was there in the room where it always should have been.

It had to be a game glitch because no matter how much I searched that room previously the pedastal was NOT there. Thanks for everyone's response. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom