Saints Row - Gat Out of Hell Expanasion

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well if anyone like me is still playing the Saint Row games it seems Volition is releasing a new stand alone expansion called Saints Row - Gat Out of Hell.

Volition's biggest bad ass from the Third Street Saints is back, hotter than ever (literally!)

Johnny Gat is larger than life in Volition's Saints Row®: Gat Out of Hell standalone expansion, announced today at the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX). In Gat Out of Hell players take on the role of Johnny Gat as he is sent into hell via a nefarious spirit board incident and left to combat demons, the horrors of the underworld (including prominent historical figures) and, of course, the Devil himself.

Web: http://www.saintsrow.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/saintsrow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/saintsrow
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/saintsrow

STAND ALONE expansion? Interesting. We'll see what the cost is but I'm sure I'll play it eventually....

As long as it keeps up the all-out insane fun, I'll be playing it. It's nice to have at least one series that doesn't take itself at all seriously.

I found a new developer walk-through Video today. So for those reading this enjoy.:)

Interesting…

Though I have to say that among all the things I liked about Saints Row 2 (my personal favorite), the gameplay/feel was among them. They changed the physics or something about the feel of the game in 3 and 4…I couldn't say what it was but the game didn't feel as easy to play somehow. I dunno. And I see they've kept the same look/feel here as in 3 and 4.

This is kind of a cool concept though. ^.^

Were you playing 2 on a console? The PC conversion of that game was - unfortunate. Some modders fixed it enough to be playable but it still seemed rough to me. (Though at least people signaled lane changes in 2!)

P.S. OMG! SLOTH GUN!!!

Were you playing 2 on a console? The PC conversion of that game was - unfortunate. Some modders fixed it enough to be playable but it still seemed rough to me. (Though at least people signaled lane changes in 2!)

I was playing on a PC, but...I play everything modded. :) Everything I can play modded, anyway. I installed all the big modpacks and it made it really fun. Even vanilla, the game had more clothes and customization than its sequels, and the mods added a lot more.

Well another thread I haven't updated this thread in a while. So for today I have two videos from last month that some might find interesting.

The first video is a new musical. Yes you heard me a musical Disney parody video.

And the second video give us a look a behind the scenes.

I look forward to playing, and laughing my a** off once again later this month.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The videos work fine for me try refreshing your browser. I do know the latest YouTube update on our site embeds videos differently now. It's a pain with news-bits.

There also the UK versions so they might not work if your in the US.;)

I was playing on a PC, but…I play everything modded. :) Everything I can play modded, anyway. I installed all the big modpacks and it made it really fun. Even vanilla, the game had more clothes and customization than its sequels, and the mods added a lot more.

And I think more importantly, the clothing options felt more meaningful in some way than they did in the later installments. You did not have as many outrageous complete outfits, but you had more bits & pieces that you could play around with.
Which could net some very varied results.... (the person I was playing with found my outfit rather annoying, even at the start of the game, which just encouraged me to make it worse...). SR 2 lacked the evil cat backpack though.

Anyway, I wish they would dial back the craziness in upcoming SR games. I really enjoyed the contrast in SR2, which made all the strange things stand out a lot more. In SR 3 & 4, when something strange happens, it just does not feel very special.

The videos don't show up for me in the forums though they show up fine when they get put on the front page. Heaven only knows why but I'm going to blame jquery because I'm tired of blaming Microsoft.

Hm thats weird but I'll include links with the videos on future forum posts.:)

But... I wanted a salad shooter and some Ginsu knives!

Back
Top Bottom