Game Audio Contest 2007-02-24

Wasn't the AI's name Mood? I may be totally mistaken since it's been so long.

My current avatar is Bob the Builder's Wendy. We may share a similar field of work, but that's about all we have in common: she's clever, organized, a DIY professional, and blonde.... but picking a BtB avatar was the only way to prevent sonny from griping about me reading the RPGWatch site :biggrin:.

good memory Jaz i think you are right. maybe when your son gets older he'll be wanting you to use the 'late night spook'!

well apparently the tracks i picked are too obsure, or there's nobody left reading this thread, or they just don't like the music:) anyways here's some hints for at least Jaz.
1)-the developer produces only one genre of games. contains a scandavian biker name 'stig'
2)-a sega master system game. the game logo was a futuristic gun.
3)-weapons included a three-barreled rifle
4)-this one really is to easy for hints if you played it. its an action adventure game, good enough?
5)-heres the borderline sci-fi game. not the greatest graphics but a highly detailed and interactive world; for its genre way ahead of the pack for the time. there a main character named roper in it.
7)-"i don't know but i've been told...diedre's got a network node"
8)-darwin would be proud of these 4 aliens.
9)-a truly atmospheric journey, from top to bottom.
10)-if there is a 'train' to the afterlife i would like to hear this song on that voyage. in the game though you are just travelling to another planet when this is playing.

3): Corridor 7? I played and replayed that one to bits, but - as with most shooters - without sound, except for the first time. Besides, I loved the three-barreled gun, it was my favorite.

4): Um, yes... Nomad Soul...

5) The Longest Journey? The only other Roper I remember is from Double Dragon... :)

10): Gunman Chronicles? Don't remember another 'train ride' to another world.

3)nope, it is a first person game, but none of the games i selected are shooters. guess i alienated my small audience;)
4)yes, yes. i've never actually finished the game...but it was awesome. i'll have to complete it though as the sequel draws nearer.
5)nope i actually was going to included that game but the insanely long install crashed on the 3rd or 4th disk:( this game, like omikron: the nomad soul and #9 and #10 was released by and during the golden era (my opinion of course) of eidos 1998-2001.
10)the destination world is sunder.

10) Anachronox!
About 3): Hmmm... the only other games I played which featured 3-barrelled rifles (I think) were UT and Halo, but you said it's not a shooter... is it Dirge of Cerberus? I haven't played it yet, but I will play it one day because I like Vincent.

7) Do you mean Deirdre? Deirdre Skye? If so, this must be Alpha Centauri... Dunno about other games with that name..

No idea about the rest.

Last edited:
3)the three barreled rifle is actually a weapon that must be assembled
7)the one and only. nice job! to me gal civ 2 doesn't come close to the glory of this game though it an enjoyable game.
10)YES! even though i've never completed the last level in a couple long playthroughs i'd probably sacrifice and organ to be able to play a sequel.

almost halfway there:)

I'm out of three-barrelled rifles now :(.

some more hints
1) your main character is a redhead named venus jones.
2) its based on an anime movie? with the same name. it begins with the letter 'z'
3) i know a few people here have played this game, but i don't believe the english version was ever released in america when it came out ~2 years ago. you can actually wash dishes in the game too.
5) darci stern is the main character here. and roper is voiced by the same person who voices gorn/thorus in the first 2 gothics.
8) the only other game this developer made was a game based on and with the same name as a horror movie made over a decade prior to the game itself.
9) this game is completely different from the other action adventure franchise this developer is famous for. one of the 4 characters you play is also voiced by a voice actor from the gothic series-milten.

1) Space Colony?
2) Zoids? Was there one for the Genesis, too?

Phew, heavy stuff :).

2 - Zillion?

Last edited:
good job you guys!! 5) the defunct but most excellent developer (only 3 games and one not a pc game) who made this game also made a game very similar game to space colony which was actually released a bit before. both firefly and this developer hail from the u.k.

home stretch now;)

5 - Urban Chaos?
8 - Stupid Invaders?
9 - Gears of War?

5-ah yes. did you enjoy the game. most people would probably say "what the hell?" but this game is in my top 20 all time games ever made. trash littered on the streets that blows in the wind and the 'storm' your running leaves behind. great dialogue. npcs all over the place that have nothing to do with the story but you can talk to. climbing and jumping all across the rooftops and of course zip lines! too bad muckyfoot died as startopia was a fun game as well.

8)-these four aliens don't have much personality and i don't even think they had names but they do work together well and they even 'evolve';)

9)-nope zillion was the only console exclusive game on my list and that was nearly 20 years old. one of the four main characters you play is a female robot. she's quite large too.

oh and 3) theres a prison colony (level) , armour you can make from beasts you kill, npc's with routines, lockpicking, a religous cult, and a character named lester but no it's not gothic;)

Back
Top Bottom