China trip

Bartacus

BartWatch
With a lot of delay, but here's my (at the NFG) promised picture list of my trip to China. Just go to 'China reis' and you'll find some pics. (Btw, the website is still under construction and it will not finish soon due to lack of time and interest.)

Those were great Bart. I know that one building with the bambo skafling was in one of the Jackie Chan movies. :spotlight-left: :spotlight-right:

Were you crashing that wedding or did you not tell us something. :lol:

I say, that's one cool cavern in that picture! That reminds of a sunken cave I found in Gothic 3 the other day... :biggrin:

Those were great Bart. I know that one building with the bambo skafling was in one of the Jackie Chan movies. :spotlight-left: :spotlight-right:

Were you crashing that wedding or did you not tell us something. :lol:

Yeah, right, like I would get married :biggrin:

Actually the pictures are taken by another person of our group (49 persons), but those are either the ones where one of our family members is on (I'm the one with the goatie) or some nice environmental pics.

@Pladio This is a question we best send to Jaz. And perhaps you can make a poll for this -> Can we have an RP subpart at RPGWatch?

We won't be having usergroups and usergroup forums in the near future. As for a regular, open-to-all RPing forum... perhaps. But it would have to be monitored 24/7. Why don't you just start a RPing thread in the Off Topic forum? If there are enough people interested and many more board RPs pop up, an open RPing forum could be installed some day.

EDIT: Not to derail this thread completely - nice pics, Bart. China is one of the very few countries I'd really love to travel to.

Last edited:
@Jaz Although I was only as a tourist in China, I can tell you that at least one mistake western countries make is wrong: The towns are reasonably clean. Bejing, Shanghai, Guilin, ... they all have their own 'civilised' parts. By civilised I mean, normal buildings, roads, proper plumbing, ...
It's also not true that everything is possible in China, you still see some dictatorship. I have to say that it isn't directly noticable, but you can still see that the communist party is ruling the country.

My best friend is now working(Thomson) in China. Every 2 months he can come home for a week. He's stationed in Bejing

Most cities are clean, the only unclean thing I had seen when I was in China was that people always spit. They gurgle and spit, almost every single one of them spits.
They just like spitting. Other than that, Shangai is like New York with more poor people and cab rides costing 2$. Beijing is a lot nicer IMHO with a lot more historical mmonuments.

Nice pics! China sure has some spectacular places and i'd love to visit there some day. :)

As a country it has a long a road ahead if you look at the current human right issues...And the most alarming is that those huge western companies don't make bigger fuss how chinese goverment can put people behind bars just for voicing their opinion.. Money doesn't have any ethics. Well these things take time.

Most cities are clean, the only unclean thing I had seen when I was in China was that people always spit. They gurgle and spit, almost every single one of them spits.
They just like spitting. Other than that, Shangai is like New York with more poor people and cab rides costing 2$. Beijing is a lot nicer IMHO with a lot more historical mmonuments.

Not anymore -> With the oplympics comming there is a law with a big fine for spitting in public.

They aren't spitting anymore in the big cities. Don't forget that China is a bit of a police state and that in their cultural background it's a lot more normal to obey the rules.

Back
Top Bottom