Nancy Drew

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain
I just saw a trailer from a movie called Nancy Drew... does that have anything to do with the adventure game series? Looked a bit like it... have to admit I'm not much into adventures..

I just saw a trailer from a movie called Nancy Drew... does that have anything to do with the adventure game series? Looked a bit like it... have to admit I'm not much into adventures..

Yep - check it out here.

Personally I will go on record as having watched loads of shows from the Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew Mysteries in the late 70's.

I read all the books (Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew both) when I was a kid. Nancy was a Flapper(from the Roaring Twenties) and quite the liberated young woman back then. :)

I didn't even know there were books or a televison series... but sounds quite interesting. I just knew there were a few adventure games. Has anyone here ever played one of them?

I didn't even know there were books or a televison series... but sounds quite interesting. I just knew there were a few adventure games. Has anyone here ever played one of them?
I've never played the games, but for the show check here ... Shaun Cassidy, Pamela Sue Martin, Parker Stevenson ... great times ...

I've never played the games, but for the show check here ... Shaun Cassidy, Pamela Sue Martin, Parker Stevenson ... great times ...

Thanks a lot for the link. I just saw that season 1 is out on DVD... I'm kinda tempted to order it from Amazon and see if I like it.

Whaaaa? How can you grow up and not hear of the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books? Bobsey Twins sure, but Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew?

Da Doo Run Run, Da Doo Run Run. I always thought that was an orginal song.

Parker Stevens is an actor that has always taken himself too seriously and seemed to have trouble getting a job after that. You may remember he was the main character on Baywatch for the first couple of years of the show and then they replaced him with a lookalike before your Avatar was hired.

Sean Cassidy followed on the heals of his older brother David Cassidy, and David has never lived out of his teen stardom. Sean just thought that was what you did when growing up. Sean is now a successful record producer.

Pamela Sue Martin was just cute. I remember their Hallowe'en show where they teamed up.

For the longest time no one knew much about "Carolyn Keene" the "author" of Nancy Drew.

The writer was actually Mildred Wirt Benson who wrote 23 of 25 of the first stories.

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/1999/10/08/keene_q_a/

There's still quite a bit of controversy due to the legal battles and the draconian way these creators were treated with the publishers taking most of the credit. Mrs. Benson passed away in May 2002 at the age of 96 but not before receiving an Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers f America.

oh..and I've never read a Nancy Drew. Those were for icky girls.

Last edited:
God. I hadn't thought about those shows in years! I watched tons of them back in the day though. They were pretty good too, if I recall correctly.

I preferred the Enid Blyton books (and TV series)!!

This is the first time I hear (read) that name. Okay, I'm from Germany ... ;)

I recently watched a couple nancy drew flicks from the 40's starring cute little Bonita Granville, that has been pretty much my only exposure to the ND mythos.

Back
Top Bottom