What games are you playing now?

Hahaha … yeah, I guess my lack of talking about the game itself much shows my rather flat opinion. I mean, I've replayed KotOR and always mention loving it, same for BG2, etc. So my lack of saying anything exciting is because … well, because I still find it a decent and serviceable game that I remembered why I only replayed once before now. And will likely not replay again any time soon - until I forget again :)

And definitely not worth an iOS buy … certainly not anywhere near full price. Same for Titan Quest - which is actually worse in my opinion for failing to have MFi controller support.

I had that feeling - and I share your opinion, even if I never completed it :)

I think you know my opinion of tablets as a gaming platform.

That said, I recently purchased Sorcery on the recommendation of my brother and that's a perfect fit for the platform.

I also think point and click adventure games are absolutely perfect for it, too.

But the vast majority of games are vastly inferior on it, sadly.

To be fair, though, I must say the iPad Pro is among the best purchases I've ever made. It's incredibly useful to me in all kinds of non-gaming ways.

Fantastic piece of hardware - and worth every penny of its rather hefty price ;)

I normally go straight into BGII at that point, but I think the PC will be overexperienced after going through SoD so I might stop at that point I guess.
I don't think it'll be that bad. The BGEE cap is 161.000, SoD cap is 500.000, which means only 1-2 more levels depending on class. I suppose the early quests in BG2 will be a bit easier, but then so they were originally. It will even out soon enough.

Put Battle Brothers aside for a bit and gave ESO a try last weekend during their free play event. I liked the dungeons themselves as they were reminiscent of my favorites times with Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim. But I don't think I'm ready to go back to mmo's yet as I found all the people running around me during the quests distracting. I might pick it up on sale in the future. This week I find myself playing Path of Exile of all games. Played for about 100 hours a few years ago but eventually moved on. It's been fun relearning how to play and is scratching my current ARPG itch.

Re ESO... Kind of agree. Have said before sharing a quest location that you're trying to sneak around and someone comes charging past is pretty meh. Sometimes I wish one of the options was to actually disable other people's toons and/or pets and/or having the option for quest lcoations to be instanced to yourself so you can solo them. With the recent carnival/jester event all these toons running around with goofy crowns and stupid costumes on... Really kills any sort of immersion. But that's MMO's and humans. Lucky for me my prime time is US off peak so its not always bad.

I've come to appreciate it for what it is, and that's obviously no immersion. It's more of what others have called an amusement park, with a bunch of attractions you can enjoy with others. Not much into the roleplaying options it provides whatsoever, since it borders on extremely silly given the environment.

Just started Siege of Dragonsphere with my Beserker. First impressions are positive - I've only completed the first dungeon, which took about an hour I guess. But I thought it was well put together, there was a good secret I nearly missed (and then felt stupidly pleased about spotting :)), and I enjoyed the way by BGI characters were talking about going back to their home lives etc when the adventure was done. Writing so far has been fine. Early days, but I'm looking forward to getting properly stuck into it tomorrow.

I'm nearing the end of my Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC run. I'm at the Omega Ranch level now which is my favorite area of the game.

Still on Final Fantasy ten, I've composed four of the mythical weapons but I think that's about all I'm going to do. I believe my next step is seeking out Sin, so Monday is going to be a slug-fest battle to the end of this game for me!!

I've been hopping around most of the Diablo clones and this week it is Titan Quest Anniversary Edition. The devs gave it a balance patch and a facelift and it seems like they've added a ton of relics and such. I generally just play through once, but we'll see. I'm not much of a farmer in games. I'll probably play an Oracle or maybe Earth/Dream. I hear they un-nerfed Earth :)

I'll probably play an Oracle or maybe Earth/Dream. I hear they un-nerfed Earth :)

Wasn't Dream OP too? I haven't played Titan Quest in years so I might be remembering wrong.

So I decided to opt on a rebuild of the Alienware over a new laptop just yet ... so far so good in terms of working, but need to decide what to play :). Loading up Tyranny to either restart or finish, NWN to replay HotU, Mass Effect, Dragon Age ... not sure what else yet :). Maybe Fallout 4, which I have restarted a couple of times but seems to be the bane of this computer ...

Let's hope this time the system holds up!

huh?
Am I experiencing deja vu or forum got glitchy?

huh?
Am I experiencing deja vu or forum got glitchy?

Haha ... but for me it is an ongoing nightmare. This Alienware 13R2 is nearly 2 years old, and I got 9 good months out of it ... and brought it back to life a couple of times through reformats, etc. Then working with Dell support replaced memory, then HD ... now have new memory, HD AND logic board. This is it - it is a year out of warranty so they are done, and for me if this doesn't work then I am also done.

I am very glad for fast internet with no data cap or throttling ...

Wasn't Dream OP too? I haven't played Titan Quest in years so I might be remembering wrong.

I need OP builds though, Az. I kinda suck at these action games, so I need something that any idiot can win with ;) Ternion FTW.

Just played the Prey demo on PS4 and I have to say it feels like a very good combination of System Shock and Bioshock. That said, I wasn't happy with how it looks or the performance.

I'm hoping the PC version is better in that way.

Just played the Prey demo on PS4 and I have to say it feels like a very good combination of System Shock and Bioshock. That said, I wasn't happy with how it looks or the performance.

I'm hoping the PC version is better in that way.

I'm really excited for Prey. I really hope they go full-on psychological thriller/horror, because that's what the premise seems to really hint. But some of the mechanics might be too immersion-breaking to fully realize that. I hope I'm wrong.

Another which got me excited about Prey was hearing that Chris Avellone was also involved with the writing, so I'm curios how it turns out.

I'm pretty jacked for Prey too. I thought about trying the demo, but I'd rather not experience it before having the full game.

I'm trying to decide what I want to play between now and May 5th when Prey is released. I was going to play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided next, but I've decided to wait until after Prey for that. I might do a replay of the original Prey.

What's the attraction to Prey? Form what I've seen it just looks like a standard sci-fi shooter?

Edit: Ok, character customization ala the Shock games. OK, but anything new?

Fabrication?

Last edited:
What's the attraction to Prey? Form what I've seen it just looks like a standard sci-fi shooter?

Edit: Ok, character customization ala the Shock games. OK, but anything new?

Fabrication?

Are there hundreds of sci-fi shooters released each year? I think if I liked the genre, just the fact that a new game is coming out, that it's from Arkane, who did Arx Fatalis, would be attraction enough.

P.S. I could care less about Prey ;) I'm a mage-wannabe at all times.

Back
Top Bottom