great game bargains!

curious

liberty or license
I have no idea if this is available at all Best Buys, but yesterday I picked up a retail box copy of Darwinia for $9.99. Best price I've seen elsewhere is $34.99.

wow you got lucky magerette i just had my significant other look for one while she was out in the vicinity and i got an earful when they said darwinia wasn't even in their computer:) i checked online too and its not their either. looks like you got a nice find there all to yourself! could be regional though i supposed. when i was at target this week there were six copies of divine divinity (more than any other game i believe) that poor dte has been trying to aquire...

Well, even a blind pig can find an acorn once in awhile, curious. It was the only copy in the store, so who knows where it came from. Hope you're not in trouble with your s.o. :) And 6 copies of DivDiv, which you already have and dte can't find--o the irony ;)

Came up dry on DivDiv again. My Indy Super Target proved to be merely mediocre. Even tried the Gamestop here in The Bustling Metropolis. :(

Did notice, however, that Freelancer and GalCiv1 are on Target's $9.99 jewel-case-only rack for those that might be interested in those older titles.

the 'dirt cheap' shipping option is ususally only a couple of dollars. supreme commander even comes with rise and fall: civilizations at war. that game was really fun even if not a very great rts. its worth playing alone though for the naval battles. stainless steel studios was my favourite rts maker too its ashame they weren't the ones who finished the game and aren't 'alive' to make more.

I wish we got such bargains!!

LucasArts re-releases several adventures on the German market - for 10 Euros each.

Source : www.adventurecorner.de and this price list : Adventures at NBG

The list includes :

- Grim Fandango
- Monkey Island 3
- Vollgas (aka "Full Throttle")
- Sam & Max

Edit : These titles are rumored to run on xp as well.

Last edited:
the 'dirt cheap' shipping option is ususally only a couple of dollars. supreme commander even comes with rise and fall: civilizations at war. that game was really fun even if not a very great rts. its worth playing alone though for the naval battles. stainless steel studios was my favourite rts maker too its ashame they weren't the ones who finished the game and aren't 'alive' to make more.

I just grabbed Rise and Fall:Civs at War @ CompUSA for 9.99, unbelieveable! Well, actually it is quite believable. This could have been a way bigger title than it was and wouldnt be in the bargain bin already if they wouldnt have made the foolhardy choice to use Starforce. I'm convinced that's what killed it, it's what kept me from running out and buying it myself, I had been looking forward to the game for months.

Havent installed it yet, I'm saving both it and Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich for when I want to do a limited "Starforce Title Fest", install-finish-then immediately uninstalll them.

Apropos Starforce : I'm currently playing Keepsake with the latest patch and no CD in the drive ... :rolleyes:

Realized that only recently ... :rolleyes:

Nevertheless it crashes when I quit it, all of the time. I have no clue what reason could be behind that behaviour ... (Bought it for 10 Euros in late December.)

Havent installed it yet, I'm saving both it and Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich for when I want to do a limited "Starforce Title Fest", install-finish-then immediately uninstalll them.

Sam, are you saying FFvsTTR has Starforce ? I'm certain it doesnt have it. If I'm wrong then I'm pissed because I have it installed.

For anyone who wants to know whether you have Starforce installed, go to My Computer - Properties - Hardware - Device Manager - Select 'View' from the menu bar - click 'Show hidden devices'.
Then you can see Starforce, SecuROM, Daemon Tools and drivers like that.

BTW, just uninstalling a Starforce game is usually not enough to get rid of Starforce. Only very few games automatically remove SF with the uninstall routine. That's why you should run this SF removal tool to get rid of SF. Note that the tool is provided by the makers of SF so if you don't trust them then here's a description of more ways to make sure that SF gets removed from your system.

For anyone who wants to know whether you have Starforce installed, go to My Computer - Properties - Hardware - Device Manager - Select 'View' from the menu bar - click 'Show hidden devices'.
Then you can see Starforce, SecuROM, Daemon Tools and drivers like that.

Doesn't work on Windows 98 and so on, because they don't show hidden devices at all ! I mean that there is no entry called "hidden devices".

If you are willing to endure downloading a game downloader and download times, gamersgate has a few things which are cheap purchases over the internet-- Evil Islands $9.99 and Gothic II Gold $14.99 . This is pain in the ass direct downloads however.

circuit city in store
titan quest for 14.99
titan quest immortal throne for 24.99
if you buy the expansion you can get the original for 4.99.
not bad...

Sam, are you saying FFvsTTR has Starforce ? I'm certain it doesnt have it. If I'm wrong then I'm pissed because I have it installed.

My bad for not persuing it any further after the actual release. Word on the street was that it was going to have it, then they decided to only put it on the European version, from what I'm reading now.

Nice!

It's a great game, Sam, play it now !

By the way, did your letter get published in the latest issue of GFW ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom